Old January 3rd 09, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Mystery and Magic of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)

On Jan 2, 7:28*pm, (Jacob Shank) wrote:
I've been having fun listening to Shortwave. I recently bought an
amazing radio. It's the SONY ICF-2010, and it picks up the faintest of
signals! The sync detector works great. I still have the Zenith
trans-oceanic H500, but i use the SONY more. Shortwave is still going
strong! I've been picking up all kinds of weird signals. I think i heard
india on 9425kHz.Then i put on SSB on 20 meters, and i heard a ham from
tokyo! I want to learn how to DX with it.
Jacob

The Mystery and Magic of Shortwave Radio Listening (SWL)

ABOUT - The Sony ICF-2010 'portable' AM / FM Shortwave Radio
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...6f035243366368
Old January 4th 09, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"Brian Oakley" wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message

SNIP

How would some of you rate the Grundig Satellit 700 vs. the Sony ICF-2010?
Thanks.

Oh, probably by about 50 links worth.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old January 4th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default What's Your Opinion : Which is the Better Radio the Grundig Satellit700 -or- Sony ICF-2010 ?

On Jan 3, 7:49*pm, Telamon
wrote:
In article ,
*"Brian Oakley" wrote:

"RHF" wrote in message

SNIP

How would some of you rate the Grundig Satellit 700 vs. the Sony ICF-2010?
Thanks.

Oh, probably by about 50 links worth.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Telamon,

Actually Rec.Radio.Shortwave has 148 Results
for Messages containing both Grundig Satellit 700
-and- Sony ICF 2010 :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...+Sony+ICF-2010

OK so here is the Question for one and All . . .
What's Your Opinion : Which is the Better Radio
the Grundig Satellit 700 -or- Sony ICF-2010 ?

Brain Oakley Want's To Know !

Old January 5th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
RHF wrote:

Telamon,

Actually Rec.Radio.Shortwave has 148 Results
for Messages containing both Grundig Satellit 700
-and- Sony ICF 2010 :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...+Sony+ICF-2010

OK so here is the Question for one and All . . .
What's Your Opinion : Which is the Better Radio
the Grundig Satellit 700 -or- Sony ICF-2010 ?

Brain Oakley Want's To Know !
.

Better? How?

Sensitivity, selectivity, filtering, sound quality/adjustments, etc.

Old January 5th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Oakley wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
RHF wrote:

Telamon,

Actually Rec.Radio.Shortwave has 148 Results
for Messages containing both Grundig Satellit 700
-and- Sony ICF 2010 :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...+Sony+ICF-2010

OK so here is the Question for one and All . . .
What's Your Opinion : Which is the Better Radio
the Grundig Satellit 700 -or- Sony ICF-2010 ?

Brain Oakley Want's To Know !
.

Better? How?

Sensitivity, selectivity, filtering, sound quality/adjustments, etc.

Sound quality? The Grundig. Everything else, the Sony.