Old February 7th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kneisner and Doering KWZ30-2

A reliable source (Kneisner) tells me that we can expect to see more
information about the KWZ30-2 appear on their website
(http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html) in a week or so.

Steve

Old February 8th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce

wrote:

A reliable source (Kneisner) tells me that we can expect to see more
information about the KWZ30-2 appear on their website
(
http://kd-elektronik.com/index_e.html) in a week or so.

Looking forward to it!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 9th 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There's actually some new information available today.

Steve

Old February 9th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Interesting. It says:

What can be improved in a device that can do everything? The main RF
properties like intercept values, dynamic range and sensitivity can
hardly be improved substantially. Also the filters for the narrow band
selection can not be improved.

What is remaining? At first it is the comfortable control which can be
improved. The controls of the KWZ-30 were designbed very thrifty and
the use was therefore partly complicated. On the other side there are
now new components available which allow a different topology of the
receiver with a higher performance. The technical equipment can be
improved substantially. With this new performance level the receiver
can also be used by professional users.