Old March 13th 04, 02:55 PM
Les Locklear

Default Looking for former Hammarlund employees

I recently received the e-mail below. I have never found any information
regarding this gentleman during the research on the Hammarlund Manufacturing
Co.

If anybody remembers him or has information about him, I would like to hear
from you.

Dear Mr. Locklear: I continue to find it distressful that your history
of
The Hammarlund Radio Company continues to ignore the contributions of my
Grandfather Joseph Lush, who was the Chairman of the Board and

co-founder of the
Company. You have mentioned that the Company flourished under Lloyd

Hammarlund,
but that is certainly not true. Lloyd was an alcoholic and a playboy,

who was
also financially dependent on the generosity of my Grandfather, who

bailed him
out many times. In fact, when my Grandfather passed away in 1959, Lloyd

owed
him approximately $15,000, which was a princely sum in those days. It

was my
grandfather who provided the funds that made Hammarlund flourish, while

Oscar
concentrated on the engineering and development of products. Together

they
were a team, and to continually ignore my Grandfathers contributions to

the
Company is a slap in the face. Sincerely, Joseph P. White

Les Locklear
SP-600 Historian
http://www.hammarlund.info/