Old January 20th 04, 12:51 PM
Rick KB1KIL

Default Radio Buenas Nuevas

Radio Buenas Nuevas
San Sebastian, Guatemala
4.800 KHZ
Coming in very good this morning, s7 to s9. Ge
1148 uct
Getting a little interferance from something sweeping the frequency from 4.7
to 4.8 but I was able to notch it out enough to make the station quite
listenable.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

"If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?"

Old January 20th 04, 04:45 PM
Maximus

I got up to late to be able to enjoy that catch. I get the same
interference, but I thought it was coming from electric meters in the area.
It started when they installed the new meters, so it oculd be mere
coincidence. Others have said it is radar, but it operates 24/7 non stop.
Nice catch.

Old January 20th 04, 08:49 PM
Rick KB1KIL

"Maximus" wrote in message
link.net...
[...]

Thanks for the Kudos.
I also get it 24/7 and it actually starts from 4.776 to 4.805. I have no
idea what it could be. It's a real annoyance and it prevented me from
hearing a couple of stations this morning.

Old January 20th 04, 11:46 PM
Maximus

Ah, but when our propserity returns vbeg I will get me something with a
notch filter and a lot of other cute little bells and whistles LOL. I don't
have one .... A ham friend of mine had a receiver that had that and Passband
Tuning. That was really cool ,but he had never learned to use it S. He had
a wonderful antenna. There is a humongous fir in the guy's back yard. He
lives on a mountainside, and found a way to make an inverted V antenna that
was spectacular. Reception on that radio was incredible sigh. His son and
I had been coworkers at a call center. Michael died from a third recurrence
of abdominal cancer. After the funeral his dad let me play with the receiver
part of the rig. He bought it at a swap meet for $100. I miss Micahel and I
miss the radio. Before he died, Michael and I spent many nights talking
about everything under the sun. It's a good thing it was not long distance
s. Best Wishes, and enjoy your notch filter LOL

"Rick KB1KIL" wrote in message

link.net...

Old January 21st 04, 07:53 AM
starman

Rick KB1KIL wrote:

"Maximus" wrote in message

[...]

It's a CODAR station located on the coast of NJ. Send them an email
complaining about the interference. Otherwise they'll think everything
is fine.

http://marine.rutgers.edu/mrs/codar.html

Old January 21st 04, 01:23 PM
Rick KB1KIL

SNIP
Thanks for the Kudos.
I also get it 24/7 and it actually starts from 4.776 to 4.805. I have no
idea what it could be. It's a real annoyance and it prevented me from
hearing a couple of stations this morning.

It's a CODAR station located on the coast of NJ. Send them an email
complaining about the interference. Otherwise they'll think everything
is fine.

http://marine.rutgers.edu/mrs/codar.html

Thanks for the info,
I composed the email and sent it this morning.
The interferance was even more annoying this morning, it totally convered
the station even though the signal was stronger than yesterday.