Old December 5th 03, 04:01 PM
Charles Hobbs

Default world radio station list

http://www.tvradioworld.com/default.asp

Fun little site, you can make lists of radio and TV stations
from all over the world. Web links and even internet radio are
noted.

A few caveats though.

1. Right on the first page, it groups the world into three
regions: Region 1 North America, Region 2, Middle East and Asia,
Region 3, Europe and Africa. Uh, isn't this backward?

2. I don't know how up to date any of this material is...

3. It can sometimes take a while to "drill down" to the local
list for any particular US state, Canadian province, or country....

4. Certain FM stations in Japan or Eastern Europe are mistakenly
labeled as "Television" stations (the database programming wrongly
assumes the US VHF band plan)

Old December 6th 03, 09:33 PM
David Eduardo

"Charles Hobbs" wrote in message
http://www.tvradioworld.com/default.asp

I looked at the listing for a country where I work and visit frequently,
Argentina. I found that about 80% of the listings were just wrong, and the
other 20% were inaccurate.

this site is rally out of date and full of totally inaccurate world radio
and TV data.

Old December 15th 03, 03:21 AM
Larkin

Similar to the BROADCASTING YEARBOOK, huh?