Old October 20th 04, 11:08 AM
Paul

Default Tandem Match

I'm putting together the bits to build the tandem match from the 2001 ARRL
Handbook. I do not have the original QST articles, but Googling has revealed
that some builders have had a few problems, particularly those using the FAR
Circuits PCB.

There's one thing I don't understand about the schematic and that just looks
plain wrong. If both W2 and W3 jumpers are present, the 5.6k resistor is
shorted out, thereby connecting the -2.5V and V- rails together. Surely this
can't be right, or am I missing something?

Regards,

Paul G3ZCU

Old October 20th 04, 08:15 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

There's one thing I don't understand about the schematic and that just looks
plain wrong. If both W2 and W3 jumpers are present, the 5.6k resistor is
shorted out, thereby connecting the -2.5V and V- rails together. Surely this
can't be right, or am I missing something?

If operated from external supplies, all three links should be removed as
opposed to battery operation where they must all be in place. You are right in
that the 5.6k resistor is shorted-out but it is not needed in that
configuration. Two links (W2 & W3) are required then to 'remove' the resistor
and re-make the connection between the -ve power sensing detector and the
bottom of the battery.

I didn't know the piece of equipment but looked it up out of curiosity.

Cheers - Joe

Old October 21st 04, 12:01 PM
Paul

You are right in that the 5.6k resistor is shorted-out but it is not
needed in that
configuration. Two links (W2 & W3) are required then to 'remove' the

resistor
and re-make the connection between the -ve power sensing detector and the
bottom of the battery.

Ah, I see now.

Many thanks,

Paul

Old August 29th 13, 09:11 AM
Junior Member

QSK QSK QSK Paul, 6BW6, its 6v6 here, I repeat 6v6, Steve, do you read? over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Old August 29th 13, 01:31 PM
Junior Member

QSK QSK QSK Paul, 6BW6, its 6v6 here, I repeat 6v6, Steve, do you read? over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespiral View Post
QSK QSK QSK Paul, 6BW6, its 6v6 here, I repeat 6v6, Steve, do you read? over?

Old March 11th 14, 03:32 PM
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm putting together the bits to build the tandem match from the 2001 ARRL
Handbook. I do not have the original QST articles, but Googling has revealed
that some builders have had a few problems, particularly those using the FAR
Circuits PCB.

There's one thing I don't understand about the schematic and that just looks
plain wrong. If both W2 and W3 jumpers are present, the 5.6k resistor is
shorted out, thereby connecting the -2.5V and V- rails together. Surely this
can't be right, or am I missing something?

Regards,

Paul G3ZCU
6BW6, 6BW6, this is 6V6, 6V6 - do you copy over? (vitalinput.com)