Old March 22nd 14, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default NZART Headquarters Infoline Issue 292 - Corrected transmission

A number of problems occurred when sending out the HQ Infoline this morning.
Here is a correct version complete with referred attachment.
Apologies for overloading your inbox
– ZL1AMW, Webmaster

NZART Headquarters Infoline Issue 292

Editor: - Mike Bull ZL2VM

NZART Website:
www.nzart.org.nz

In this Issue

1. From NZART HQ

2. From our President

3. VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contest News

4. CDEM HF Radio

5. OK-OM DX SSB CONTEST - 2014

Off Shore News Links

NZART Housekeeping

1. Debby says:-

Not too much news this week, as I have been away, visiting a relative in
Christchurch. This was my first visit post quakes, so was very sobering and
sad to see such devastation. More important though, families were still
living in such harsh conditions, while the CDB appears to be getting more
attention! We tend to forget how much it has affected people, physically,
emotionally and financially.

The annual branch circular will be posted to all branch secretaries by the
end of next week. Included in this will be membership stats for voting on
remits. This year we have two to be discussed at the AGM.

If you are not included, perhaps you may have forgotten to pay your
subscription, or perhaps have moved and not advised me of your new branch
affiliation? Please advise me as soon as possible, so this does not occur.

Talk soon…Debby ZL2DL

2. From our President

We are in need of volunteers to fill two important vacancies. The first of
these is the Editor of Break-In. As you will know, John Walker ZL3IB is
standing down from this important job effective the March/April issue of
Break-In. We are very keen to find someone who can take on this job and
ensure that our magazine continues. Do you think you might like to take
this on? Please let me or Debby know at HQ as soon as possible. I would
like to assure you that Break-In magazine will continue to come out thanks
to a very generous offer from Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH who will be the interim
editor until we can find a permanent long term replacement. Stephen spent
a day in Christchurch on 7 March to learn about the magazine production
processes from John ZL3IB, and meet Angela, the typesetter who produces the
copy ready for printing.

The other vacancy we would like to find a volunteer for is the position of
Break-In Advertising Manager. Lorne ZL2AHB is standing down as he plans
more overseas travel, and we would like to find a volunteer to replace him.
Again, if you are interested, please let Debby know at headquarters.

I regret to advise that when you get your next issue of Break-In with the
reports and remits for our June Annual General Meeting in Blenheim, the
usual financial reports will not be found there. We received an unpleasant
surprise when Evan Sayer, our Treasurer did a follow up check with our
auditor of many years, Parsons Roddick in Upper Hutt to confirm that the
audited financial reports were ready for publication. Evan was told that
Parsons Roddick were no longer undertaking financial audits and that as a
result, our books which had been with them for several weeks, had not been
audited! Due to increased auditing standards introduced by the NZ Society
of Chartered Accountants, Parsons Roddick were withdrawing from audit work.
Evan’s inquiries to other accounting firms in the Upper Hutt area got the
same answer.

Evan has been busy making inquiries of other Chartered Accountants and has
found one who is happy to undertake the audit of our accounts and this work
will shortly be underway. Once we have the “books” audited, a copy will be
sent to all Branches and will also be sent out via Infoline. Copies will
also be available at the AGM in June. My apologies that the information
will not be in your next issue of Break-In.

Vaughan Henderson ZL1VH

President

3. VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contest News

Low Band Contest reminder:

The next contest is the Low Band Contest: All bands 6 m up to and including
70 cm, on Saturday the 5th and Sunday the 6th of April 2014.

For all contests, the operating periods are 5 pm to 11 pm on the Saturday,
and 7 am to 1 pm on the Sunday, NZ local time.

The contest rules are available on the NZART website:
http://www.nzart.org.nz/activities/c...vhf-and-above/

All contest logs should be sent, to arrive within two weeks, to:

Or by mail to: Contest Manager, PO Box 10138, Dominion Road, Auckland 1446.

Stephen Hayman - ZL1TPH****

4. CDEM HF Radio

As reported in the January e-Bulletin after a recent review of HF radio by
the Ministry of Civil Defence and Emergency Management (MCDEM), the decision
has been made not to renew the HF licenses when they expire in March 2014.
Arrangements will be made with the Radio Spectrum Management Unit at the
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) to retain the HF
frequencies currently licenced to MCDEM for on-going use by any CDEM Group
who wants to retain an HF capability. Those groups will be gifted the
current equipment and infrastructure within their regions but will need to
assume responsibility for all licensing and maintenance requirements from
1st April 2014

Those CDEM Groups wishing to decommission their HF radios should follow the
process below:

· Contact your MCDEM Regional Emergency Management Advisor (REMA) to
arrange a time for them to collect the radio from your location.

· MCDEM will cancel all associated licenses with effect from 1 April
2014.

Groups are free to dispose of any remaining items associated with the
installation

5. OK-OM DX SSB CONTEST - 2014

1. Contest sponsors

The Czech Radio Club, ČRK in cooperation with Slovak radio club SARA is
pleased to announce first International "OK-OM DX SSB Contest - 2014"

2. Contest Period

Second weekend in April,. i.e. 1200 UTC 12 April - 1200 UTC 13 April 2014

Milos Prostecky, OK1MP

IARU Liaison - Czech Radio Club

[Please refer to the PDF file attached to HQIL 292 for details – Ed]

Off Shore News Links

· WIA News

· ARRL News & Features

· RSGB News

· IARU Region 3

NZART Housekeeping

· Break-In-Closing Date Reminder:

Copy for the May/Jun issue of Break-In closes on 10 May 2014.

· Copy for Break-In:

Copy is welcome in most electronic formats but word.doc files are preferred.
Photos and other graphics should be send as separate discrete files (*.jpg
preferred); not as embedded pix in the body of the text. Please ensure that
suitable descriptive captions/legends are included with your copy. All
received copy will be acknowledged to confirm receipt.
Thank you for your cooperation.
John Walker ZL3IB Editor.

· Break-In: Early receipt of copy is much appreciated

· Break-In: AREC Column:

The close-of-copy date is Thursday 8 May 2014 for articles for publication
in the AREC COLUMN OF BREAK-IN. Photos, if available, to be on a separate
floppy or CD (with captions), posted DIRECTLY TO US. Use the Call Book
address. All other material can go to e-mail:
or

· Next Official Broadcast: - Sunday 30 March 2014.

· Next HQ-Infoline: - Friday 4 April 2014. Closing date for this
post is Thursday 3 April 2014.

· Subscribe TO/FROM Infoline

You have received this message because you are subscribed on an NZART
infoline list.

If you wish to be removed from this list, please visit:

http://www.nzart.org.nz/join/e-mail-...infoline-list/

END OF INFOLINE 292

Old April 4th 14, 09:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default NZART Headquarters Infoline Issue 293

NZART Headquarters Infoline Issue 293

Editor: - Mike Bull ZL2VM

NZART Website:
www.nzart.org.nz

In this Issue

1. From NZART HQ

2. From our President

3. FMTAG Notes

4. VHF-UHF-SHF-EHF Contest News

Off Shore News Links

NZART Housekeeping

1. Debby says . . .

Branch circulars were posted to all secretaries today. This includes a
number of important updates and information that all members need to be
aware of. Can you please make sure that you get the chance to view them to
keep you abreast of changes.

Once again reiterating, NZART headquarters, no longer has a fax number, so
please for those of you who have used this method in the past, note that
communication to me must be made either via e-mail, phone, or snail mail.

Another important update which has come about from many overseas amateurs
wishing to apply for a call sign here in ZL…the form that was once known as
a Radio 4A used for applying for a call sign, is now known as a Call Sign
Application form. The name change has been approved by RSM and where
possible has been updated on all web pages that the form is referred on.

Talk soon…Debby ZL2DL

2. From our President

We are in need of volunteers to fill two important vacancies. The first of
these is the Editor of Break-In. Our long serving Editor, John Walker ZL3IB
has finished his last issue of Break-In, the March April issue which will be
in your hands in early April. We are very keen to find someone who can take
on this job and ensure that our magazine continues. Do you think you might
like to take this on? Please let me know at or Debby at
HQ ) as soon as possible. I would like to assure you
that Break-In magazine will continue to come out thanks to a very generous
offer from Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH who will be the interim editor until we can
find a permanent long term replacement.

The other vacancy we would like to find a volunteer for is the position of
Break-In Advertising Manager. Lorne ZL2AHB is standing down, and we would
like to find a volunteer to replace him. If you are interested, please let
Debby know at headquarters. In the meantime, Central District Councillor
Malcolm Wheeler ZL2UDF will keep an eye on any advertising requests.

Vaughan Henderson ZL1VH

NZART President

3. FMTAG Notes

Proposals

Branch 26 Nelson has applied to re-locate its 144.575 MHz APRS Digipeater to
Grampians, located at TOPO50 BQ26 233.65 283.22. An engineering evaluation,
in accordance with RSM document PIB38, confirms that the station can remain
on its existing frequency, and that there will be no interference to other
stations.

Branch 63 Upper Hutt has applied for a 3-centimetre beacon at Climie,
located at TOPO50 BP32 798.83 423.94. The frequency will be 10368.275 MHz,
in accordance with the band plan. An engineering evaluation, in accordance
with RSM document PIB38, confirms that there will be no interference to
other stations.

Comments and applications

Please send your comments and suggestions on the above, and on any other
FMTAG matters, by e-mail to:

Applications for repeaters, beacons, digipeaters, point-to-point links, and
so on, should be made on the latest version of FMTAG Form 10. The latest
versions of FMTAG Form 10, and the explanatory Form 10A, are available on
the NZART website:

http://www.nzart.org.nz/fmtag/index.html

Completed forms should be sent by e-mail to

[...]

Copy in word.doc or word.docx files is preferred. Photos and other graphics
should be send as separate discrete files (*.jpg preferred); not as embedded
pictures in the body of the text. Please ensure that suitable descriptive
captions/legends are included with your copy. All received copy will be
acknowledged to confirm receipt. Early receipt of copy is much appreciated
with thanks.
Stephen Hayman ZL1TPH Interim Editor: Email

· Break-In: AREC Column:

The close-of-copy date is Thursday 8 May 2014 for articles for publication
in the AREC COLUMN OF BREAK-IN. Photos, if available, to be on a separate
floppy or CD (with captions), posted DIRECTLY TO US. Use the Call Book
address. All other material can go to e-mail:
or

· Next Official Broadcast: - Sunday 27 April 2014.

· Next HQ-Infoline: - Friday 18 April 2014. Closing date for this
post is Thursday 17 April 2014.

Subscribe TO/FROM Infoline

You have received this message because you are subscribed on an NZART
infoline list.

If you wish to be removed from this list, please visit:

http://www.nzart.org.nz/join/e-mail-...infoline-list/

END OF INFOLINE 293