Old April 24th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Transmitter Circuit?

I am trying to locate the article for a simple 2 transistor topband AM phone
transmitter
from many years ago that I am sure appeared in "Practical Wireless" sometime
between 1958 and 1965.
If memory serves me correctly, it used two germanium transistors, OC71 and
OC44.
The OC71 was configured as a microphone amp/modulator and the OC44 as a
Hartley oscillator.
The oscillator coil was wound on a short piece of ferrite rod.
I wonder if anyone can help in any way?

Old May 2nd 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 24, 6:08 pm, "Theo" wrote:
I am trying to locate the article for a simple 2 transistor topband AM phone
transmitter
from many years ago that I am sure appeared in "Practical Wireless" sometime
between 1958 and 1965.
If memory serves me correctly, it used two germanium transistors, OC71 and
OC44.
The OC71 was configured as a microphone amp/modulator and the OC44 as a
Hartley oscillator.
The oscillator coil was wound on a short piece of ferrite rod.
I wonder if anyone can help in any way?

Just found your question whilst searching oc71 on google and this page
is just above it on the results:

http://www.arar93.dsl.pipex.com/mds9...fradios02.html

Is it what you're looking for?

Cheers,