Old May 4th 04, 12:44 AM
John

Default Channel Master choices

At the present time, I use an indoor "powered" antenna. Almost all of
the stations in the local area, (3, 12,16, 27, 29, 35, 40), come in
clear. Channel 3 and 12 are usual "fuzzy", but normally watchable.
Channel 27 can be difficult at times, but 35 is the worse. There are
times when the picture is unviewable, and it is never really clear.
The tower for Channel 35 is appr. 30 miles away, all of the others are
less than 10.5 miles. The ground if flat, with a few good size oak
trees in the area. I have a 25 foot tower which I removed an old
non-working antenna from.

My thoughts are to buy an external antenna and try it out, buy a
pre-amp only if needed. By the way, I plan to split the signal with
the longest run being about 80 feet from the top of the tower. My
only concern is the length of the longest cable, which happens to be
to the main TV which we watch. If channel 3 and 12 didn't give me
problems, I would just buy a UHF only antenna. I am looking at the
following antennas: 3010 or 3016. The non-amp 3016 appears to give
better numbers, according to Channel Master's website. Does any one
have either one of these, with and without a pre-amp? Will the 3010
with an amp,(CM3038), give me much better reception then the 3016
without? (I have a chance to buy one from another individual). I
don't care about the fancy numbers, I just want to know, will both of
them give me the clear pictures I'm looking for?

Thanks for your suggestions,

John