Old March 13th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting

Default THE NEW OLD TIME RADIO HOUR NEEDS AN AUDIENCE: TUESDAY, MARCH 20

Hi gang,

It has been a very long time since I've posted to the broadcasting
group. I've been a very busy boy!

I'm starting a new radio show (first on XM and then other stations to
follow) based on Ben Ohmart and Jim Harmon's excellent books: IT'S
THAT TIME AGAIN: NEW STORIES OF OLD-TIME RADIO. I am writing many of
the new scripts myself, some based on the short stories in the books,
most original.

For example, I have adapted THE FRED ALLEN MURDER CASE by Laura Wagner
and HONEST HAROLD: ATTACK OF THE CRAWLING THINGS FROM OUTER SPACE by
Justin Felix, into scripts that read exactly like a JACK BENNY PROGRAM
and HAROLD PERRY show.

We have some big stars lined-up, none of whom I am allowed to announce
yet :-(

We are recording our first pilot with an audience next Tuesday. See
the press write up we got below:

THE NEW OLD TIME RADIO HOUR *Live On Stage*
March 20, 2007, 7:30pm, Poughkeepsie, NY
Dutchess Community College's James and Betty Hall Theatre presents
radio personalities and voice impressionists Joe Bevilacqua and Lorie
Kellogg (Napanoch, NY) of XM radio's "Comedy-O-Rama Hour" who will be
recording newly scripted tales using OTR characters of the past:
"Fibber McGee and Molly in The House of Wax") and "Duffy's Tavern: If
We All Talked Like Allen Jenkins" for their new radio series: "The New
Old-Time Radio Hour," before a live audience. The shows will feature
a full sound-effects table, live music, and five radio actors. OTR
CDs, DVDs, and books will be raffled. Free. (845) 431-8612. www.comedyorama.com

Finally, you can check out our previous demo, which was done without
an audience, for HONEST HAROLD. Yes, that's me as Harold Perry and
Marshal Pete. My wife, Lorie Kellogg essayed the rest of roles, even
Harold's boss! We will be redoing this show with an audience in the
future. But we plan on running this version on our COMEDY-O-RAMA HOUR
on XM's Sonic Theater Channel 163.

By the way, you should check out our show. We are not only doing new
radio theater in the old style but we often play very rare OTR from
the 1940s, 50s, and 60s, from the Daws Butler estate.

Any way, check out my HAROLD PERRY impression in:

HONEST HAROLD: ATTACK OF THE "CREEPY" CRAWLY THINGS!

online now at:

http://www.comedyorama.com/xm/cor-ra...ine-listen.htm

And if you live in the New York City or Hudson Valley, NY area, come
to our show! Our guest stars will be... EDWARD G. ROBINSON, ALLEN
JENKINS, and VINCENT PRICE! (Well, it is 1953, ain't it?)

Best to you all,

Joe Bev.

--
| joe bevilacqua | waterlogg productions | | www.comedyorama.com |
www.waterlogg.com | www.dawsbutler.com | | p.o box 374 | napanoch, ny
| Channel 163 at 5 am, 1pm, 9 pm on FRIDAYS (ET) 8 am and 8 pm | on
SUNDAYS (ET) plus, public radio stations nationwide | and 24/7 at
www.comedyorama.com | author of "Daws Butler: Characters Actor" |
www.dawsbutler.com |

Hour Of the Time SR Shortwave 2 September 20th 06 04:59 AM
ISO THE HOUR OF THE TIME SR Shortwave 3 December 2nd 04 09:38 PM
WBCQ: Hour of the Time. S R Shortwave 5 March 12th 04 04:57 AM
Patrick AFB, NASA-KSC Area Log - Tuesday 09 March 2004 AllanStern Scanner 0 March 10th 04 07:13 AM