Old September 18th 15, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Anyone still there?

junius wrote:

I still check the traffic here from time to time, but sadly it's mostly useless drivel. SWBC bands are not as teeming with activity as they used to be. As for the overall decline of rec.radio.shortwave, it was compounded by the high volume of non-radio traffic and the emergence of more focused, often moderated, alternatives like Yahoo groups. The latter migration was rather unfortunate in that it Balkanized the hobbyist chatter among many groups of specific interest areas. Oh well...

Speaking for myself, I'm still doing swling, with some UTE and ham band monitoring, using my Drakes and other receivers, among which is a '7030+, which I bought new in its final production year. Steve, it was in part due to the glowing comments by you and Joe Analssandrini that I finally bought that one! There are any number of good folks who silently disappeared from rec.radio.shortwave: Joe A., Telamon, Eric F. Richards, just to name a few. Hope they're doing well, and still enjoying the hobby in some way or another.

Sorry to hear that your MW antenna arrangement has fallen into disrepair, Ron. On any number of occasions when engaging my ANC-4, I thought of your antenna project out there in the Midwest...wishing that I had the space to execute antenna projects on such a scale!

Still here!

Old September 18th 15, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

junius wrote:

[...]

Ditto!

Nyssa, who is waiting for the return of her future-ex-husband
and wondering where Doggy and DhiaDuit might be hiding....
probably in that WalMart just down the street from Doggy's
couch

Old September 18th 15, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 8:35:13 AM UTC-5, Nyssa wrote:
dxAce wrote:

junius wrote:

[...]

Doggy is at the Vet, tumor surgery. I am still here.
Old September 18th 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
dxAce wrote:

junius wrote:

[...]

I hope Doggy comes through her surgery in prime shape and
returns soon to her honored position on her couch.

Nyssa, who was starting to wonder if she had killed a whole
newsgroup rather than just a thread

Old September 19th 15, 12:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I check every day but sooo much spam. I'd hoped to learn more about the topic.

Old September 20th 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 15-09-09 12:31 PM, Steve wrote:

Are there any real people still here? Should we have a roll call? So many of the old guard gone.

Who you calling old?

mike (who doesn't look a day over sixty five)
Old September 24th 15, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 2:24:56 PM UTC-5, m II wrote:
On 15-09-09 12:31 PM, Steve wrote:

Are there any real people still here? Should we have a roll call? So many of the old guard gone.

Who you calling old?

mike (who doesn't look a day over sixty five)

My doggy didn't make it, cancer. Doggy is in the back yard now. I sure do miss my couch buddy doggy.
Old September 24th 15, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

On Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 2:24:56 PM UTC-5, m II wrote:
On 15-09-09 12:31 PM, Steve wrote:

Are there any real people still here? Should we have a roll call? So many of the old guard gone.

Who you calling old?

mike (who doesn't look a day over sixty five)

My doggy didn't make it, cancer. Doggy is in the back yard now. I sure do miss my couch buddy doggy.

Sorry to hear about doggy. My condolences. RIP Doggy.

Old September 24th 15, 11:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/23/2015 7:09 PM, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 2:24:56 PM UTC-5, m II wrote:
On 15-09-09 12:31 PM, Steve wrote:

Are there any real people still here? Should we have a roll call? So many of the old guard gone.

Who you calling old?

mike (who doesn't look a day over sixty five)

My doggy didn't make it, cancer. Doggy is in the back yard now. I sure do miss my couch buddy doggy.

So sorry Larry. Been down that road my self.

Drifter...
Old September 24th 15, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
On 15-09-09 12:31 PM, Steve wrote:

Are there any real people still here? Should we have a
roll call? So many of the old guard gone.

Who you calling old?

mike (who doesn't look a day over sixty five)

My doggy didn't make it, cancer. Doggy is in the back yard
now. I sure do miss my couch buddy doggy.

Oh, DhiaDuit, I'm so sorry! You must be hurting tremendously.
I know how it is to lose a furry family member. The hurt never
really goes away.

I will have a moment of silence in Doggy's memory.

And I send lots of hugs and sympathy.

Nyssa, who has lost several furbabies over the years and
still loves and remembers each one