Old November 16th 15, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Help with a BC-455-B

On Tuesday, June 1, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Anthony Bailey wrote:
I've got an old BC-455-B receiver. The problem is I can only hear noise
and that only when the bfo switch is on. I don't get a whine or tones
while tuning with the switch on. The audio level is very low but is
adustable with the volume control from nothing at all to very low.

The one glass tube is lit and the other metal tubes are warm. I don't
have a schematic to check to see if my power supply is outputting the
correct voltage. Any ideas??
Thanks, Tony

look on the internet for info--google the arc-5 or whatever you have--there are tons of info out there,i just ran across a lot-i have an Arct that i converted to 12 volts and 130 for the B plus voltage---n5vog-curtis