Old December 7th 15, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default An open letter to all the "pirate" posters

Let's face it the f¢¢ doesn't care about "pirate" they said so last April:
"stopping pirate radio is not at the top of the priority list" and this is
especially true about shortwave "pirates."

The so called pirates posted here are in fact just ham geeks clowning
around, if in fact if they were "pirates" they would be on air longer than a
few hours at a time. Would have a real agenda and be a true clandestine
voice and real concern to a government in power.

Even hear one last more than a few hours?

Even hear one beg for money?

The reason they just pop up and then vanish is not due to any enforcement
fears, but rather economics. They may be ham geeks but there are not stupid
enough to go broke providing "free radio." The f¢¢'s don't give a ****
policy is working; just let the clowns go bankrupt that will drive them off
the air. More so on a band (shortwave) with little or no interest beyond the
general public.

Of course you say look at all the number of new ones appearing each day, hey
than along comes the f¢¢ saying to the arrlosers the 40 meters is now
extended to 6900kHz. blow out! Now those ham clowns can goof around all they
want just like CB radio, we don't give **** it's your problem now.

So just keep posting your "pirates" there is no mystery in who these people
are and what they are up to.

Call a spade a spade.

Old December 7th 15, 10:02 PM
jta jta is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred engels View Post
[...]

If only you had a clue...

Granted, SOME of the pirates are licensed hams - but most are not. Some are frustrated broadcasters who can't get their creativity out on commercial radio where they work. Some are nerdy kids that just wanna play disc jockey.

There are FM pirates that broadcast 24 hpd. However, given the conditions on shortwave there's no point trying to broadcast for a long period of time. An hour is usually enough to reach the few people who will tune in.

Nice try, but no cigar.
Old December 8th 15, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/7/2015 12:44 PM, fred engels wrote:

Of course you say look at all the number of new ones appearing each day,
hey than along comes the f¢¢ saying to the arrlosers ...

A typo? What do you mean by ARRL losers?

The ARRL does the following:

* QST in print

* QST in digital format

* QST product reviews

* Represents us at the IARU and ITU

* Provides a Technical Information Service for hams with a tech problem

* Runs the Volunteer Examiner Coordinator service that administers 75%
of ham exams

* Runs contests and awards (DXCC, WAS, etc)

* Runs Logbook of The World QSL service

....and many more things that benefit ham radio that I didn't type.

I (and maybe the rest of the group) would like to know why you call all
they do for the good of ham radio as being a "loser". Possibly you have
better ideas you could share with us?
Old December 8th 15, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

the arrlosers are the losers when the f¢¢ says 40 meters is extended to
6900kHz.
then the ham clowns can goof around and play Disc Jocky all they want,
the arrlosers are the losers when the f¢¢ says we don't give a **** it's
your problem now.

Old December 9th 15, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frankly there's so little "real" broadcassting left on HF that letting folks play pirate for a hour or two every now and then is unlikely to cause problems. I'd be all for even officially allowing folks to put out shows on shortwave without a full broadcast license. Maybe the airwaves would come to life again and SW would be fun like it used to be.

Mike

Old December 9th 15, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/8/2015 5:38 PM, fred k engels wrote:

the arrlosers are the losers when the f¢¢ says 40 meters is extended to
6900kHz.

Guess I must have missed something. I haven't heard they were adding a
100 kHz to the band. A brief web search on this topic showed nothing.
Even if it was true, why would the ARRL be a "loser" when one of our ham
bands is expanded?

then the ham clowns can goof around and play Disc Jocky all they want,

Sorry, I miss the connection. If somebody wants to be a disc jockey, I
would think they would just do it anyway -- without waiting for the band
to be expanded. And it doesn't necessarily have to be just hams that are
playing DJ.

the arrlosers are the losers when the f¢¢ says we don't give a **** it's
your problem now.

Well, I don't know about the ARRL being losers; I would think that all
hams are the losers.

Also, don't overlook that it takes money for the FCC to monitor. It
seems the conservatives are putting the squeeze on federal funds.
Because of budget cutbacks, the FCC is closing 10 or 11 of its field
offices. With less staff and fewer monitoring sites, you are right --
the FCC may have to use their now limited resources on bigger problems
than some kid playing disc jockey for an hour.

Old December 9th 15, 01:31 AM
jta jta is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred k engels View Post
the arrlosers are the losers when the f¢¢ says 40 meters is extended to
6900kHz.
then the ham clowns can goof around and play Disc Jocky all they want,
the arrlosers are the losers when the f¢¢ says we don't give a **** it's
your problem now.
Care to tell us where you get this off-the-wall idea that the "pirates" are just ham clowns? Without that information, you come off as a totally ignorant buffoon - just like Donald J. Trump!

And just *when* is the 40m band going to be extended to 6900 kHz? I'm not aware of any such proposal.

Or are you just a TROLL???
Old December 9th 15, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Of course you say look at all the number of new ones appearing each day, hey
than along comes the f¢¢ looking for money and says to the arrlosers/boy
scouts the 40 meters is not now,
but we can get rid of the "pirate" problem by extending to 6900kHz.. WOW!
what a blow out for the arrlosers/boy scouts ! Now those ham/boy scout
clowns and (without proof they have to be) other clowns can now goof around
all they want just like CB radio, since we the f¢¢ don't give a **** it's
your problem we have bigger problems finding more money.

Old December 10th 15, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Would never work. You will end up with what goes on at 9955 kHz around
0000 UTC. Someone will have a problem with what you say or play. Then,
crank up the jammers.

Jim(MI)

"Mike K." wrote in
:

Old December 10th 15, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Mike K. wrote:

Frankly there's so little "real" broadcassting left on HF that letting folks play pirate for a hour or two every now and then is unlikely to cause problems. I'd be all for even officially allowing folks to put out shows on shortwave without a full broadcast license. Maybe the airwaves would come to life again and SW would be fun like it used to be.

Mike

Let someone like the National Park Service administer the shortwave
bands. Seriously. The shortwave bands should be treated like a
national resource, available to everyone.