Old May 8th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What exactly is radio

"K1TTT" wrote
On May 7, 8:26 am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:
I did it. Radio waves and sound waves have the same directional patterns
for

the same numbers, configurations (and phases).
The two waves emitted from the dipole (ACOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC) are
"polarized". You can experimentally determine the plane in which the
dipole
is.

The same is with more sources.

S*

they may have the same patterns for some cases, that is why they are

used in lower grades, to keep the explanations of waves simple for
those who don't have the mathematical background to understand the
full detail of it. but pattern does not show polarization. by
matching an interference pattern you are not showing how a wave is
polarized,

You assume that radio wave is transversal. Such are polarised. But such are
only in Maxwell's Hypothesis.

Radio waves from the ends of the dipole are coupled. The both are in one
plane.

Radio wave from one end is spherical.

only that superposition principles work for both types of

waves. show me an experiment where a sound wave is polarized,

Sound wave is not polarised. Sound waves from "dipole" is.

that one i would like to see.
you might want to start with a couple of

these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave
http://universe-review.ca/R12-03-wave.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/polarization-of-waves
http://www.isvr.soton.ac.uk/spcg/Tut...ther-light.htm

In above no directional pattern for sound dipoles.

"Polarized" means directional. Are all radio waves directional?
S*

Old May 8th 10, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"K1TTT" wrote
On May 7, 8:35 am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:
"tom"
se.net...

On 5/6/2010 8:42 PM, tom wrote:
On 5/6/2010 3:25 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Charged particles can move at any speed from 0 to c and always produce
the
electric field. Why not?

Incorrect. A particle has mass, and cannot attain light speed.

tom
K0TAR

Should have said "charged particle" rather than "particle".

What do you think. Is the electron a charged particle?

Maxwell assumed that the electricity is massles and incompressible.

He would be right if the electron is a charged particle.
S*

have you ever measured the charge on an electron? that is a standard

college physics lab experiment, measure charge and mass and compare to
text book values. a very simple experiment actually, look up the
millikan oil drop experiment and give it a try. maybe you could get
together with art and go through a few of those simple experiments to
gain a better understanding of basic physics.

Almost all Authors of tekstbooks write that it was a big mistake of Maxwell
when he assumed that electricity is massles and incompressible. They wrote
it after discovery of electron.

Now we assume that the electron gas is the electricity.
What do you think. Is the electron a charged particle or pure electricity?
S*

Old May 8th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

*"K1TTT" ...

these:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavehtt...rial_files/Web...

In above no directional pattern for sound dipoles.

"Polarized" means directional. Are all radio waves directional?
S*

this discussion is worthless until you go back to school and learn the
basics.
Old May 9th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

On 5/8/2010 2:04 PM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Yes. But one end of the dipole may have the better conditions to propagate.

if it only moves in one direction as it would have

to in a monopole there is no wave only a simple field.

I am writing about a dipole with one end visible and the second shielded.

In nature is always as you wrote. The both ands are always "visible".

Light is always directional. Radio waves can be omnidirectional.
Of course light is emitted by many dipoles. Radio waves by halve, one, two
(circular polarity) or many (phase radar).
S*

Astonishing understanding of the subject.

tom
K0TAR
Old May 9th 10, 11:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"K1TTT" wrote
[...]

In textbooks must be all theories.
In one chapter light (and radio waves) is like photons, in the next chapter
like EM waves and in next like acoustics.

EM is the only example of transversal waves. So it must be in teaching
program.

But we try to help Peter. He wrote: "I begin to appreciate a comment made by
a fellow radio amateur and
technician that antenna theory was 15% science and 85% black magic! "

It seems that you are sure that radio waves are transversal. It is
impossible to help you (Maxwell was full of doubts).
May be that somebody consider the Acoustic analogy and the black magic
disappear for him.
S*

Old May 9th 10, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"tom" wrote
t...
On 5/8/2010 2:04 PM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Yes. But one end of the dipole may have the better conditions to
propagate.

if it only moves in one direction as it would have

to in a monopole there is no wave only a simple field.

I am writing about a dipole with one end visible and the second
shielded.

In nature is always as you wrote. The both ands are always "visible".

Light is always directional. Radio waves can be omnidirectional.
Of course light is emitted by many dipoles. Radio waves by halve, one,
two
(circular polarity) or many (phase radar).
S*

Astonishing understanding of the subject.

Light is not coherent. So dipole radiate for very short time.
Radio waves are coherent and can be from one source. It is easy to analyse
them.
Are they transversal?
S*

tom
K0TAR

Old May 9th 10, 11:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"K1TTT" ...

these:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavehtt....ca/R12-03-wav......

[...]

maxwell may have been full of doubts, and Einstein wasn't able to see
the experiments that have proven his theories, but we have seen them
well tested and accepted over the years. if you think that 85% is
black magic then you have lots of learning to do to fill in that 85%
gap in your knowledge.
Old May 9th 10, 11:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On May 9, 10:30*am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:
*"tom" se.net...

[...]

light can be coherent, what do you think lasers are?
Old May 9th 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Szczepan Bialek wrote:

Light is not coherent. So dipole radiate for very short time.
Radio waves are coherent and can be from one source. It is easy to analyse
them.
Are they transversal?
S*

Babble.

Any electromagnetic radiation, from radio to gamma rays, can be coherent or
not; it depends on how it is generated.

Did you get tired of being called a babbling, drooling, idiot on the
sci.physics.* groups with your rambling nonsense and now you are trying your
luck in the amateur radio groups?

You were an idiot when you were posting to sci.physics.* and you are still
an idiot now that you are posting to rec.radio.amateur.*.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 9th 10, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Uzytkownik "K1TTT" napisal w wiadomosci
[...]

Maxwell did EM, Einstein did the photons and somebody else the acoustic
analogy.

but we have seen them

well tested and accepted over the years.

All of that three ( all three are in textbooks) are well tested and accepted
but only in some extend. May be that after some time only one will be fully
accepted. Which one do you designate?

if you think that 85% is

black magic then you have lots of learning to do to fill in that 85% gap in
your knowledge.

I designate the acoustic analogy and do not see any gaps.
They who designate EM or the photons are in constant trouble for more than
100 years.
S*