Old November 5th 03, 11:09 PM
Its Me Again !

Default Buyer Beware

We have a scammer out there selling a Vio laptop.His name is as follows
;Ron Adams,P.O.Box
13745,Salem Or,97309,Thankyou.Ron.

he asks for a moneyorder sent to a postal box ,but when asked for a phone
number and street address ,all of a sudden it is sold.I have had three
others email him and ask for info on laptop.Told him they want to come over
to pickup and pay cash,Now all of a sudden it is sold again.Each time
someone emails him he wants moneyorder sent to po box then will send
laptop.Will not give number and I have done several serches for his address
email,and name with no luck.
SO BEWARE or try your luck.
his email address is:

This is his comment.

I would take $500.00 for the laptop "shipped"If

you wouldn't mind sending the funds in a postal

money order express mail to;Ron Adams,P.O.Box

13745,Salem Or,97309,Thankyou.Ron.

Old November 5th 03, 11:14 PM
Its Me Again !

I have tried unsuccesful to come up with any true info on this guy.He also
claims he has over 30 people who want laptop.Was asking $800.00 then dropped
to $500.00

Old November 6th 03, 02:41 AM
Bruce Markowitz

People should be aware of this about PO Boxes.....
If it is a box in the actual Post Office (which you can find out with a
phone call), the owner is reaquired to give name and address id and info to
open and maintain the box. The Post Office can tell you who owns the box. If
he is in a fairly small town, be assured that the box clerk knows him
personally, and where to find him. This is quite true at my Post Office, and
we are in the largest Village in New York State.
If it is a "private" box in some mailbox store or something like that,
different story!

Old November 6th 03, 03:49 AM
Its Me Again !

I use a PO box all the time,but I also give my street address and number if
needed.He would not do any of that so it tells me he is hiding something, or
trying to scam someone.If I am going to purchase a big priced item,I want to
be able to talk to them by phone and get as much info as possible.

Old November 6th 03, 04:50 AM
N3JCS

Bottom line it is a federal crime from any PO BOX private or whatever,and a
Postal Inspector will find him. Send USPS money order then he is in deeper
****.

Old November 6th 03, 05:25 AM
R. Belcher

Not to rain on your parade, but I got scammed for $3,300 a while back and my
case was given to the US postal inspector svc. When the inspector finally
did call, it was to tell me that they would "look into it" but for me to
realize they have million dollar deals in line ahead of me, etc, etc.....
never heard from them again, still waiting, still leaving messages, etc,
etc.....
rb

--

=

Old November 7th 03, 01:58 AM
Pete KE9OA

Unfortunately, this type of thing seems to be happening more often, as time
passes. Most of the time, I don't bother following up on a purchase, unless
the seller is within driving distance (300 miles). I like to deal in person.
This way, I can check out the equipment, and make sure that there aren't any
surprises.
It reminds me of an eBay deal I made a couple of years ago. I lost the
auction, but the seller informed me that he had a couple of units. I drove
over to his place, and the unit that he was offering me was pretty beaten
up. We negotiated a price for the good unit, and I took it home. I wonder
what happened to the person that sniped me out in the last 5 seconds. I bet
he was surprised!

Pete

Old November 8th 03, 09:13 PM
Catherine Hampton

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:49:48 GMT, "Its Me Again !" wrote:

I use a PO box all the time,but I also give my street address and number if
needed.He would not do any of that so it tells me he is hiding something, or
trying to scam someone.If I am going to purchase a big priced item,I want to
be able to talk to them by phone and get as much info as possible.

Ditto. It is possible, I suppose, that he's on the level and merely
clinically paranoid, but I would not take the risk with my money on someone
who does business this way, even for a low-cost item.

--
Catherine Hampton
Home Page * http://www.devsite.org/

(Please use this address for replies -- the address in my header is a
spam trap.)

EBAY SELLERS BEWARE Bunia3 Shortwave 5 September 18th 04 02:31 PM
Buyer Seller Beware Scam Alert Its Me Again ! Swap 21 November 23rd 03 01:17 AM
Buyer Seller Beware Scam Alert Its Me Again ! Scanner 3 October 29th 03 08:37 PM
buyer beware ebay coal-76 Jerry Swap 3 October 19th 03 06:15 AM