Old February 19th 05, 10:04 PM
BennieDingo

Default Latest Online Oldies shows on Rock-it Radio

Hello Rock-it Radio Listeners,

We have added another great 8 new Shows in our archives website
(shows#1213 to #1220) this week on Rock-it Radio and hope you all enjoy
them Our Oldies shows
online are in our archives page at:
http://www.palmsradio.com/rockittext.htm

Plus we have added a new Rockin' DJ to our Rock-it Family here -- his
name is Brian Lee and his premiere Rock-it Radio broadcast is featured
this week on Rock-it Radio plus the other great shows that the Rock-it
DJ's have brought you this week!

DAVE JUSTICE AND RADIOACTIVE GOLD WITH A TRIBUTE TO
RAY PETERSON ON ROCK-IT #1213

This past month we have lost another Rock and Roll legend that was
there at the beginnings of Rock and Roll -- Ray Peterson. This show is
dedicated to his music and many hits along with many memories of Ray by
his fellow Rockers.
Here is the playlist of the show all songs sung by Ray Peterson.

1. Fever
2. The wonder of you
3. Goodnight my love
4. Tell Laura I love her
5. Corinna Corinna
6. Sweet Little Kathy
7. Missing you
8. I could have loved you so well
9. Give us your blessing
10. My blue angel
11. Till Then
12. Answer me my love
13. What do you want to make those eyes at me for
14. Suddenly
15. I'm gone

The show also features interviews and memories of Ray by Troy Shondell,
Freddy Boom Boom Cannon, Claudia Peterson, and David Sommerville of The
Diamonds.
If you have any comments on this show or would like to send Dave a
request for an upcoming show or would just like to drop him an e mail
and say hello you can contact him on RadioActivE Gold at:

CLARKE DAVIS AND HIS NEW SHOW -- THE GREAT AMERICAN
MUSIC MACHINE ON ROCK-IT RADIO #1214

From his studios in Dover, New Jersey -- Clarke Davis is back with a

brand new highly anticipated show that we have all been waiting for --
The Great American Music Machine! You can check out the premiere
broadcast by going to our archives page and clicking to show #1214.
Here is the playlist of the show.

1. Edsels -- Bone Shaker Joe
2. Nobel Thin Man Walls -- Hard Times (The Slop)
3. Neil Sedaka -- The Diary
4. Margie Rayburn -- I'm Available
5. Concords -- Again
6. Jimmy Dorsey -- Jay Dee's Boogie Woogie
7. Elvis Presley -- I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
8. Toni Arden -- Padri
9. Avalons -- My Heart's Desire
10. Dave Baby Cortez -- The Happy Organ
11. Gene McDaniels -- 100 Pounds of Clay
12. Supurbs -- Baby, Baby, All the Time
13. Impressions -- A Long Time Ago
14. Frank Percell's French Fiddles -- Only You
15. Marty Robbins -- Story of My Life
16. Othello Johnson -- Come On Home
17. Dicky Doo & the Don'ts -- Teardrops Will Fall
18. Wailers -- Tall Cool One
19. Johnny Tilitson -- Poetry in Motion
20. Janie Grant -- Triangle
21. Sequins -- Don't Fall in Love
22. Megatrons -- Velvet Waters
23. Clyde McPhatter -- A Lover's Question
24. Joytones -- Gee, What a Guy

For those fans of the "Jukebox" Series that Clarke has been doing that
show will still be coming out as specials -- We hope you sincerely
enjoy this new format and Clarke would love to hear comments on this
new show... and you can also send him requests as well! Here is his e
mail address::::

PREMIERE BROADCAST!!!! -- BRIAN LEE WITH ROCK BOP AND DOO WOP ON
ROCK-IT RADIO SHOW #1215

From the Studios of KVMR Radio in Nevada City, California we are very

pleased to welcome a new Rockin' DJ here on Rock-it Radio. Further
down in the newsletter I wrote a little story of how I first heard of
Brian back in 1988 and am very pleased to welcome him with his first
broadcast here on Rock-it Radio.
If you would like to check out Brian's picture and biography as well
you can at our DJ page at:
http://www.palmsradio.com/bio.htm
In the mean time you can tune him in our archives page at:
http://www.palmsradio.com/rockittext.htm
and click to show #1215!
Here is what you will hear!

1. TONETTES -- OH WHAT A BABY 1958
2. PERSIANS -- LOVE ME TONIGHT 1962
3. RUSTY YORK -- SUGAREE 1959
4. EMERALDS -- JITTERBUG JAMBOREE 1959
5. SINCERES -- FORBIDDEN LOVE 1960
6. COOKIES -- LATER LATER 1955
7. KUF LINX-- EYEBALLIN 1958
8. 5 STARS -- PICKIN ON THE WRONG CHICKEN 1958
9. KENDALL SISTERS -- YEA YEA 1958
10. V EIGHTS -- MY HEART 1960
11. HOPKINS,LIGHTNING -- MOVING ON OUT BOOGIE 1954
12. TRENIERS -- ROCKING IS OUR BUSINESS 1952
13. EMOTIONS -- BOOMERANG 1964
14. DALE HAWKINS -- SUSIE Q 1957
15. FABULOUS BLENDS -- STARLIGHT STARBRIGHT 1989
16. AUSTIN SISTERS -- IT HAPPENED AT THE HOP 1958
17. BEVERLY HILLS PAINTERS -- FIVE FOOT 3 1962
18. HOLLYWOOD FLAMES -- ELIZABETH 1962
19. LITTLE E + MELLOTONE 3 --CANDY APPLE RED IMPALA 1961
20. SONNY SPENCER -- GILLEE 1959
21. HONEYBEARS -- ONE BAD STUD 1954
22. MOONGLOWS -- I JUST CAN'T TELL NO LIE 1953
23. VELVATONES -- REAL GONE BABY 1957
24. CHEVRONS -- THAT COMES WITH LOVE 1959
25. 5 ROYALES -- TELL THE TRUTH 1958
26. BUSTER BROWN -- MADISON SHUFFLE 1960

If you would like to send a request to Brian or a comment on his first
show here on Rock-it Radio you can contact him at:

And you can also catch his live Saturday evening show online at KVMR
and there is a link to that site as well in the DJ page of Rock-it
Radio.

LANE QUIGLEY AND THE MEMORY LANE SHOW ON ROCK-IT RADIO #1216 --

Another Memory Lane Show has been uploaded as Rock-it Radio Show Number
1216. On this program, host Lane Quigley has a fantastic show of more
Forgotten Top 30's that is sure to stir up some great oldies memories.
Unfortunately the darned Dingo Dog lost the playlist to this show but I
do promise to post it in next week's newsletter. You can also always
send an e mail with requests, comments or hello's to Lane at:

JOHNNY G & THIS WEEK'S CRUISIN' SHOW ON ROCK-IT #1217

From his studio there in Reading, United Kingdom Johnny G is back this

week with another fantastic segment of great Rockers. Here is the
playlist of the show!

1. Push Push -- Billy Fury 1961
2. Chilly Willy -- Mary Edwards & The Saxons 1956
3. Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie -- Eddie Cochran 1960
4. Bloodshot Eyes -- Wynonie Harris Allstars 1951
5. Goin' down that road -- Ersel Hickey 1958
6. Peggy Sue (overdubbed version) -- Buddy Holly 1957/84
7. True love ways -- Buddy Holly 1958
8. Let it be me -- The Hep Stars 1968
9. Do you remember -- The Creations 1961
10. Bo Diddley -- Bo Diddley 1958
11. Gone Gone Gone -- Gene Vincent 1958
12. Don't treat me this way -- Dale Hawkins 19??
13. Can't stop the boogie -- Steve "Big Man" Clayton & 44s
14. Clementine -- Johnny Cash 1959
15. (Mama) my soldier boy is coming home -- The Shirelles 1965
16. What'll you do next -- The Prisonaires 1954
17. The Boogie Disease -- Doctor Ross 1954
18. Pink Petticoats -- Big Bopper 1958
19. Come on, Let's go -- Ritchie Valens 1958
20. Cry Cry Cry -- Ritchie Valens 1958
21. A casual look -- The Six Teens 1956
22. Bacon Fat -- Big Daddy & his boys 1957
23. Come back -- Eden Kane 1963
24. Tequilla Bossa Nova -- Piltdown Men 1962

another fantastic segment of early Rockers by Johnny G. If you would
like to send an e mail over to Johnny G out there in Reading, UK you
can at:

MIKE TAYLOR WITH ROCKABILLY RHYTHMS ON ROCK-IT
SHOW #1218

From St. Louis comes the shows of Rockabilly hosted by Mike Taylor.

It's been awhile since we had a show from Mike and we are glad he is
back with another great Rockabilly show with some real RARITIES! Here
is the playlist.

1. The Whistling Stroll -- The Bucks ?
2. One Monkey can't stop the show -- Roy "the Hound" 1960
3. Sweet Sweet Girl -- Warren Smith 1957 (alt. take)
4. Dear John -- Warren Smith 1957 (alt. take)
5. Wha' Cha gonna do now -- Lorrie Collins 1961
6. You've been gone too long -- Larry Collins 1961
7. Speechless -- The Catalinas 1958
8. Long Long Ponytail -- Chuck Tharp 1960
9. Lulu Lee -- Billy Crash Craddock 1959
10. The File -- Bob Luman 1964
11. Apron Strings -- Cliff Richard & The Shadows 1959
12. It'll be me -- Cliff Richard & The Shadows 1962
13. Long blond hair, Red Rose lips -- Johnny Powers 1957
14. Indeed I do -- Johnny "Scat" Brown
15. Rock with me baby -- Billy Lee Riley 1956
16. Rocky Road Blues -- Ronnie Self 1957
17. Crazy Dreams -- Conway Twitty (a/k/a Harold Jenkins) 1956
18. One Eyed Sam -- Tommy Spurlin 1956
19. Flat Foot Sam -- Earl Reed 1958
20. I love my baby -- Billy Wayne 1959
21. Three ou Four Nights -- Johnny Bond 1957
22. Holy Hoy -- Clyde Stacy 1957

Thanks Mike for the nice mix of some old time Rockabilly from the 50's
and early 60's.
If you would like to send an e mail with a comment etc. to Mike you can
contact him at:

ECHOES OF THE PAST WITH PAUL LAUZON ON ROCK-IT #1219

And yet even more great 50's and early 60's Rock and Roll awaits you in
Rock-it Radio show #1219. Hosted by Paul Lauzon up there in Worcester,
Massachusetts.
Here is the playlist of the show.

1. The L Word -- Ross Southerland
2. Summer wind -- Joe Cariglici (Worcester Native)
3. When doo wop was young -- Ronnie Haig
4. Shake Rattle and Roll -- Joey Welz
5. Warm -- Ronnie Dowd
6. Fabulous -- Charlie Gracie
7. Girls Girls Girls -- Elvis Presley
8. I'll touch a star -- Terry Stafford
9. Kissing time -- Bobby Rydell
10. I'm yours -- Voices of Doo Wop
11. Since I fell for you -- Larry Chance & The Earls
12. Rock a Conga -- The Applejacks
13. There goes my heart -- Fats Domino
14. Happy Birthday Baby -- The Fleetwoods
15. My boy flattop -- Dorothy Collins
16. Hong Kong Blues -- Jerry Lee Lewis
17. Bluebirds over the Mountain -- Ersel Hickey
18. Tell him No -- Travis and Bob
19. Pink Shoelaces -- Dodie Stevens
20. Bristol Stomp -- The Dovells
21. Everyday of the week -- The Students
22. Newlywed -- The Orchids
23. Roses are bloomin' -- The Silvatones
24. You can have her -- Roy Hamilton
25. Tonight I fell in love -- The Tokens
26. Can I come over tonight -- The Velours

Paul like the rest of us all love to take requests. If you have a
request or dedication or would just like to drop Paul a line over at
the Echoes of the Past studio... you can contact him at:

COOL BOBBY B AND THE DOO WOP STOP ON ROCK-IT RADIO

Rock-it Radio is always proud to be the only way you can hear the
popular syndicated Doo Wop Stop over the internet.
Here is another great selection of Doo Wop for you in Rock-it Radio
show #1220.

1. Rockin' with the clock (sign on theme) -- Shirley and Lee
2. Trouble in Paradise -- The Crests
3. Zoom Zoom Zoom -- The Dreamlovers
4. Looking for an echo -- Kenny Vance
5. Tonight I fell in Love -- The Tokens
6. Fools fall in love -- The Drifters
7. The Wind -- The Jesters
8. Everyday of the week -- The Students
9. To be loved -- The Pentagons
10. At the hop -- Danny & The Juniors
11. Where or when -- Dion
12. Never let you go -- 5 Discs
13. Chapel of Dreams -- The Dubs
14. So fine -- The Fiestas
15. Try the impossible -- Lee Andrews & The Hearts
16. Baby Baby -- Frankie Lymon & Teenagers
17. Follow the Rock -- The Bay Bops
18. That's my desire -- The Channels
19. Moonlight Cocktails -- The Rivieras
20. I'm so happy -- Lewis Lymon & Teenchords
21. Jam Up -- Tommy Ridgeley
22. It happened today -- The Skyliners
23. Deserie -- The Charts
24. Lonely Teenager -- Dion
25. Over the Mountain -- Johnny and Joe
26. Cool it fool -- The Cadillacs
27. heart's desire -- The Avalons
28. Bim Bam Boom -- The El Dorados
29. There's a moon out tonight -- The Capris
30. Guided Missles -- The Cufflinks
31. Who's that knocking -- The Genies
32. Most of all -- The Moonglows
33. Maybe you'll be there -- Billy & The Essentials
34. The Magic Touch -- The Platters
35. My true story -- The Jive 5

35 Songs that is a lot of Doo Wop Folks and it's all for the waiting
inside Rock-it Radio show #1220 now at our archives page for at least 7
days!
If you would like to write to Cool Bobby B with a request or hello via
E Mail you can contact him at:

and if you do write him please let him know that you heard him on
Rock-it Radio.

MORE ROCKIN' HEEBIE JEEBIES SHOW ONLINE IN SHOW #300

Heebie Jeebies is back with there 300th show !!---
If you don't understand Dutch that is ok -- because all these Rare
Rockabilly and Doo Wop Rockers are in English! Check out the Dutch
Service of Rock-it Radio and the Heebie Jeebies show with all these
great Rarities! Here is the playlist.

1. JOHNNY VALENTINE Andy Anderson 1957
2. BABY IT'S LOVE Johnny Angel 1958
3. IF YOU WANT MY LOVE Robbie Lawson & The AnTones 1958
4. NOW DON'T THAT PROVE I LOVE YOU Five keys 1955
5. LOVIN' HONEY Gene Morris 1957
6. CRAZY LOVE John Lamers 1961
7. SHE LOVES TO DANCE The Flairs 1955
8. GOOD LOVE Janis Martin 1957
9. WOMAN LOVE Jimmy Johnson 1956
10. VOODOO LOVE The Souvenirs 1958
11. DON'T YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU Shirley and Lee 1957
12. BE MY LOVE TONIGHT Roy Brown 1958
13. BABY I LOVE YOU Del Reeves 1958
14. LOVE POTION NUMBER 9 The Clovers 1959
15. LOVE IS STRANGE Mickey and Sylvia 1957
16. LOVE BUG CRAWL Jimmy Edwards 1957
17. LOVER LOVER Daryl Britt and The Blue Jeans 19??
18. I LOVE YOU SO The Fashions 1959

The Heebie Jeebies show are listed just below the rest of the other
shows in our archives page at:
http://www.palmsradio.com/rockittext.htm
and we always keep 3 shows in the archives page.

Welcome New Members to our Listeners club!!!!

A big welcome to the below new Rock-it Radio listeners that
joined our Listeners Club from February 11th, 2005 to February 17th,
2005. To All -- Welcome aboard!

A Big Welcome to:

Charles Twomley -- New York, USA
Al -- New Jersey, USA
John "Moppsy" Davis -- Maine, USA
Brian -- United Kingdom
Carol Gober -- Oklahoma, USA
LSZ -- Pennsylvania, USA
David Savage -- British Columbia, Canada
Bobby Mac Maccagnanno -- New York, USA
Roger Foreman -- Ohio, USA
Dougie Robinson -- United Kingdom
JPR 50 -- Arizona, USA
Gerald Oude Nijhuis -- The Netherlands
Juraj Klein -- Slovakia
Sandy Greenwood -- Alaska, USA
Allen -- Florida, USA
Mats Elvenmark -- Sweden
Adam Turner -- Alaska, USA
Alia Todd -- Alberta, Canada
Brian Bon -- United Kingdom
Sabrina Klatt -- California, USA
Eli McGuire -- South Carolina, USA
Janet Degeyter -- Ohio, USA

We have added 22 more new members to the Listeners Club since our last
newsletter. We now have that magic number of 4467 members exactly! that
have
joined the Rock-it Radio Listeners Club.
We hope that you enjoy the rare 50's Rock and Roll,
Rockabilly and Doo Wop (which most commercial radio stations have
forgotten)
that we are able to play
for you from Rock-it Radio. Remember, we are here for you!
So if you ever have any requests, dedications, comments and
suggestions we always love to hear from our listeners.
Our e mail address is:

More New Items in the Rock-it Store.....

We want to expand our archives page soon to hold 20 shows, and to do
that we need revenue... and to do that we have added more great items
this past week in the Rock-it Store.
We have added the actual unedited, uncut actual Vintage Radio
Broadcasts for sale in our Rock-it Store.
Our latest New Releases for 2005....

More Hound Dog Broadcasts!!!

-- George "Hound Dog" Lorenz on WBLK Radio in Buffalo, New York from
one of his last broadcasts on 2/3/1972 and his "Old Gold" Radio show.

&

-- Porky Chedwick on WAMO in Pittsburgh, Pa. from 14 June, 1960 which
features a lot of rare local doo wop groups.

-- Bruce Morrow "Cousin Brucie" on WABC Radio New York City on
9/9/1968 Parts 1 and 2 (each part is an hour long)

-- Douglas Henderson a/k/a "JOCKO" on WOV 1280 AM Radio in New York
City from June 10th, 1957.

-- Jocko on WCBS FM - New York with his oldies show of 90 minutes from
June of 1991.

-- Wolfman Jack on XERB from December 1967 on 2 CD's and 90 min. in
length.

More Rare Radio broadcasts that are unedited in the Rock-it Store at:
http://www.palmsradio.com/store.html
For playlists etc. of these shows just click to each title of these
shows.
These are recordings from broadcasts from the date shown.

The Rock-it Radio Store -- Helps these shows keep coming.

Do you purchase music online? If and when you do could you help support
Rock-it Radio at the same time? All of the DJ's here at Rock-it Radio
are putting there time in for the love of the music and the joy we get
from the letters from our
listeners. But it still takes money to bring these shows online.
Copyright fees (Ascap, BMI, SESAC, RIAA all want $$ from Rock-it Radio)
and band and webspace etc.
So if you can when you are purchasing Music or Books etc.
Could you please use the links to Amazon.com on our website or check
out the Oldies music we have in our Rock-it Store.
When you order anything off this site a small percentage
helps keep the Rock-it Flying and broadcasting online.

The Rock-it Radio Store website is:

http://www.palmsradio.com/store.html

How I became familiar with the newest Rock-it DJ

As we mentioned earlier in this newsletter we have a new DJ aboard
Rock-it Radio here, and we are very pleased to have him aboard... that
being Brian Lee. I first came to know of Brian actually clear back in
1988. I always enjoyed the "Gold Rush" Country of Northern California
and while Jammin Jan and myself were up and cruising Highway 49
exploring all the wonderful history of the very beginnings of the
Golden State and all the small towns we stopped at some friends house
in Placerville, California. They knew me and Jan were "into" that
Rockabilly music and told us to tune into a small local station at KVMR
in Nevada City. I was awestruck here is a DJ actually playing that
rare Rockabilly music!!! along with some great doo wop and real 50's
oldies!!! Man why I thought to myself don't we have anything like that
down here in Southern California... even back then the 50's scene was
fading out to the sixties and even touching on the early 70's to be
considered oldies. That DJ playing that music was Brian Lee. A
couple of year's ago we noticed that that station KVMR was broadcasting
online and now a mere 17 years later from that first tune in -- Welcome
aboard Brian!

Cool Bobby B -- Las Vegas Doo Wop Convention !!!!!

Cool Bobby B's Doo Wop Convention!
Coming to Las Vegas Fall 2005! Original Groups! Full Orchestra!
Concerts, Seminars, Workshops, Amateur Doo Wop Contest, Records and
Posters for Collectors!! Details coming soon! Only 1000 tickets will be
sold! For preferred priority reservation information, email us today at

Tons of Doo Wop Links and Group
Harmony Sites at
Our Doo Wop Links Page.

http://www.palmsradio.com/doowop.html

And of course don't forget our
Rockabilly Links page as well!

Our Rockabilly Links page can be found at:

http://www.palmsradio.com/rockabillylinks.html

Tune into the World Online via you Computer

Tune into the World on your Computer....In our Radio Links page we have
put
together several directories of sites of Radio Stations that can be
heard
around
the world... Come check it out and tune into the world right from your
computer

at: http://www.palmsradio.com/radiolinks.html

Archives page reminder

Remember, if the show that you want to hear is getting close to the
bottom of
the list of radio shows, you should tune in as soon as you can. These
shows to
have a high audio quality require a lot of internet bandwidth and
memory. And
currently we can only afford the 14 latest shows online here at Rock-it
Radio.

So, when a new show is put online it knocks the oldest one off the
internet
server. Usually a show will at least last 10 days, once it is placed in
the
archives.

Come Join the Rock-it Listener's Club

Want to join our Listeners Club?? And be notified when new shows are
playing on
the Rock-it.
If you are not a member of our listeners club it is
really easy to join... just go to our main website at:
http://www.rockitradio.net
and click the button that reads... "click here to be on our mailing
list" at the
top of the page. When you click there leave your e mail address and you
are
in...it's free and it gives you the playlists and news on our latest
shows.

The Rock-it DJ Page

Who are all these DJ's on the Rock-it ???
Check out our Rock-it Radio DJ page

at: http://www.palmsradio.com/bio.htm

and see all the folks that make these shows possible.

Well that is just about it for this newsletter and playlists of our
latest
shows. We hope that you enjoy them. We will do our best to keep these
shows on
for at least 7 days and hopefully 14 days.

All the best always,

Bennie Dingo
Rock-it Radio
e mail: