Old February 17th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New swlog Forum Questions Re Which Forum(s) To Be Used From Now On ?

Hello:

Regarding brand new swlog forum: http://shortwavelog.com/phpbb/index.php

a. Is this one being run by Bob ?
Is this the "only" one that should be used from now on ?

b. Is the old Yahoo swlog forum no longer to be used ?

c. How about the other swlog_users Yahoo forum that was created; is this no
longer to be used ?

Thanks,
B.
Old February 17th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own/moderate the SWLOG_USERS Yahoo Group you refer to. I opened it
because Bob abruptly brought down the old one and I felt that we swlog
users needed to communicate. While it might be good to maintain a
forum group that is independent of the software's publisher, I would
have not problem in pulling the plug on the SWLOG_USERS Group if there
were no longer a useful function for it to play.

Frank

Old February 18th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Frank M. Howell wrote:
[...]

Perhaps you can help. I was one of the people who COULDNT get ver 5 to
work and I found out weeks later it was because my XP home install
failed to install WMI (Windows management Infrastructure) files. I ran
the WMI diagnostic and over 60 files are not present.

I found a MESS of them on the install software all in the i386 folder.
Where (or can I) drag and drop them to in what directory?

I fear re-install of the OS because I dont want to lose the hard drive
contents

I have not made any posts to the new group, tho I listen, fearing I
might receive the list's wrath for the recent discord.

Yodar

Thanks

yodar