Old November 5th 03, 09:18 PM
denton

I run two loops...one about 220' long...just some wire strung underneath a
dipole, fed at the top with twin lead and I open it up at the bottom to use
on 160.
The second is a 20 meter delta loop, fed at the bottom with twin lead that I
use mostly on 20meters.
The smaller loop has better noise to signal on the higher bands than the
bigger loop, but still the larger loop will work 80 thru 10 nicely, as a
loop.
I have tried dipoles, G5RV's and other ants in the past but the loops seem
to be the best performer for me.
"Desmoface" wrote in message
Hey guys and gals, Im kind of new on this group...What do you guys think

about
full wave horizontal loops?? I was researching my next antenna and wanted

homebrew a wire of some sort...was all set to make a fan dipole for 20, 40

and
80 when someone turned me onto full wave loops..with a tuner it is said

that a
full wave 80 meter loop can tune most of the higher frequencies (10, 20,

40 and
probably the warc bands)..makes sence as 1 wavelenght on 80 is 2 on 40, 4

on
20, etc...

Oh well, mine is ready to go up, have to leader lines in the trees, all im
waiting for is wire, rope and coax which should be here any day...

What do you guys/gals think of the full wave loops?

Steve
kb8viv

Old November 5th 03, 09:50 PM
Desmoface

I have tried dipoles, G5RV's and other ants in the past but the loops seem
to be the best performer for me.

Hi Denton, thats what I've been hearing from people that have used full wave
loops...supposedly much quieter (than dipoles/g5rv's etc) as its a terminated
antenna...I can't wait to get mine up..Thanks again..

Steve
kb8viv

Inverted ground plane antenna: compared with normal GP and low dipole. Serge Stroobandt, ON4BAA Antenna 8 February 24th 11 11:22 PM
shortened dipole loaded Jerry Antenna 11 October 2nd 03 12:57 AM
Off Center Fed Dipole: the "Windom" experience. Charles Wittnam Antenna 1 September 17th 03 07:49 AM
Off Center Fed Dipole: Windom HSQ Charles Wittnam Antenna 8 September 2nd 03 01:25 AM
Layout for G5RV twin feedline? Harry George Antenna 1 August 11th 03 11:04 PM