Old May 29th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Rotors and RF isolation?

Hi, all:

I am planning to use my rotor (Alliance HD73) to hold the base of a
quarter-wave aluminum-tube vertical for 40m. I have two scenarios for
this:

a) Have the vertical element base sitting without insulation in the
rotor enclosure, electrically connected to the rotor;
b) Have the vertical element base isolated in the rotor enclosure,
not connected to the rotor but to the groundplane below.

Do you have comments on having the rotor as a part of the vertical
antenna system in this way, (a) or (b)? My measurements on this rotor
indicate that the rotor enclosure is actually isolated from the
control and motor wires of the rotor, so perhaps the rotor shell will
not have no effect either way?

Are other rotors generally RF-isolated from the control and motor
wires?

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX

Old May 29th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Rotors and RF isolation? correction...

Ooops... scenario (b) should read:

b) Have the vertical element base isolated in the rotor enclosure,
not connected to the rotor, but the rotor is connected to the
groundplane below.

TF3KX wrote:
[...]

Isolation of guy wires Ralph Mowery Antenna 24 March 11th 07 04:55 PM
WTB Isolation Transformer Diane Swap 0 January 4th 05 03:19 AM
F.S. Isolation Transformer n.o.s. Kb2rev Boatanchors 0 January 22nd 04 12:44 AM
isolation transformer Ken Luther Equipment 6 September 22nd 03 03:51 PM
isolation transformer Ken Luther Equipment 0 September 22nd 03 04:38 AM