Old September 9th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
CM CM is offline

Default HR2510 repair

I have a couple of HR-2510s that were working fine when they were put
the shelf, but now neither one of them are working. One
transmits won't receive the other one is locked on one frequency and
won't change to another frequency. Both of these radios worked fine but
have been setting on the shelf for a couple of years. Anyone know of a
common problem to this model that might have caused both radios to fail?
Old September 9th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello CM:

Yeah I have the same problem with my 2510. After setting a while it gets
stupid, and needs the buttons pushed and the dial moved at times.

I sometimes push the lock button on the radio, and will not respond to
the buttons. Make sure the mic PTT button is not in the transmit position.

Hope this helps.

Jay in the Mojave

Old September 9th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

CM wrote:

I have a couple of HR-2510s that were working fine when they were put
the shelf, but now neither one of them are working. One
transmits won't receive the other one is locked on one frequency and
won't change to another frequency. Both of these radios worked fine but
have been setting on the shelf for a couple of years. Anyone know of a
common problem to this model that might have caused both radios to fail?

Hey Jay
an old problem with the freqs not changing was rectified by installing
star washers under the screws holding down the main pcb. i have the
'2510 bible' down in the radio room and i'll see if there is any more on
the subject as well as the no receive problem for CM.

Old September 9th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb

CM wrote in
news
I have a couple of HR-2510s that were working fine when they were put
the shelf, but now neither one of them are working. One
transmits won't receive the other one is locked on one frequency and
won't change to another frequency. Both of these radios worked fine but
have been setting on the shelf for a couple of years. Anyone know of a
common problem to this model that might have caused both radios to fail?

Yes, they're in the hands of a CB'er.

Happy to help.

SC

Old September 9th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hello Bob:

Yeah that sounds like a good call.

Jay in the Mojave

Bob Dobbs EC42 wrote:

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:58:33 +0000, CM wrote:

I have a couple of HR-2510s that were working fine when they were put
the shelf, but now neither one of them are working. One
transmits won't receive the other one is locked on one frequency and
won't change to another frequency. Both of these radios worked fine but
have been setting on the shelf for a couple of years. Anyone know of a
common problem to this model that might have caused both radios to fail?

Could it be a memory and microprocessor backup battery gone dead?
Maybe a hard reset and re-initialization?

Old September 12th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 12:58:33 GMT, CM wrote:

I have a couple of HR-2510s that were working fine when they were put
the shelf, but now neither one of them are working. One
transmits won't receive the other one is locked on one frequency and
won't change to another frequency. Both of these radios worked fine but
have been setting on the shelf for a couple of years. Anyone know of a
common problem to this model that might have caused both radios to fail?

Don't know about the transmit, but the one licked on frequency could have a
defective lock switch. I never use the frequency lock, so I don't know if it can
go bad.

Vinnie S.

ICF-2010 Repair Steve Cooper Shortwave 6 July 12th 19 05:06 PM
Sony shortwave repair, and reception question-- Jean Barto Shortwave 1 July 28th 06 06:34 PM
HTX-100 & HR2510 parts radios in one lot Hammer Antenna 0 May 31st 05 06:16 PM
StereoZoom microscope repair Chuck Olson Homebrew 1 May 4th 05 02:06 AM
Purc Micor repair Chris M Swap 0 December 3rd 03 08:58 PM