Old July 17th 05, 02:53 PM
Cliff

Default Is there affordable software I can use to map out circuit traces for a printed circuit board?

I about ready to design and build my own solid state RF amp. Is
there a good and affordable piece of software out there that I can use
to neatly map out the circuit traces for my printed circuit board.

Old July 17th 05, 05:38 PM
Dave Platt

I about ready to design and build my own solid state RF amp. Is
there a good and affordable piece of software out there that I can use
to neatly map out the circuit traces for my printed circuit board.

http://www.cadsoft.de/freeware.htm might be sufficient, depending on
the size of the board you plan to make.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old July 17th 05, 06:56 PM
crusty@REMOVE_THIS_lsmo.sytes.net

EasyTrax is a freeware program Protel released for DOS computers years ago. it
will run on Windows 98 in a DOS windowm too.

Do a google search and you'll find many sites that have it for download.

One note, it doesn't have surface mount pads, so it's through-hole or kludge in
the SM parts.

Old July 18th 05, 04:34 AM
pcb_dude

http://www.expresspcb.com/

Old July 19th 05, 06:54 AM
Jim

http://www.freepcb.com/

Free PCB layout

http://tinycad.sourceforge.net/

Free schematic program that can output a Netlist.

Jim
N6BIU

Old July 22nd 05, 04:43 AM

have a look at TARGET3001 www.target3001.com ..richard