Old August 30th 14, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Survey: What was your first radio?

On Tuesday, September 24, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, jerry wang wrote:
I am taking a survey to find out what type of radios new hams usually
buy. Please post whether you bought an HT, mobile, or base as your
first radio.
Thanks!
73

--
Jerry H. Wang
California State University Northridge

IAN
the first rig I bought was a liner 2 for 2 meters ssb
my first hf rig was a Swan 350,I still have it,if they can get it in my
coffin it's going with me.
73 GW8VUG
Old August 30th 14, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote:
On Tuesday, September 24, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, jerry wang wrote:
I am taking a survey to find out what type of radios new hams usually
buy. Please post whether you bought an HT, mobile, or base as your
first radio.
Thanks!
73

--
Jerry H. Wang
California State University Northridge
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Email:

Web:
www.csun.edu/~hbcsc274

IAN
the first rig I bought was a liner 2 for 2 meters ssb
my first hf rig was a Swan 350,I still have it,if they can get it in my
coffin it's going with me.
73 GW8VUG

As the original post is 18 years old, he likely already has his answer.

What is it lately with people responding to decades old posts?

--
Jim Pennino
Old August 31st 14, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 8/30/2014 2:34 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 24, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, jerry wang wrote:
I am taking a survey to find out what type of radios new hams usually
buy. Please post whether you bought an HT, mobile, or base as your
first radio.
Thanks!
73

--
Jerry H. Wang
California State University Northridge
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Email:

Web:
www.csun.edu/~hbcsc274

IAN
the first rig I bought was a liner 2 for 2 meters ssb
my first hf rig was a Swan 350,I still have it,if they can get it in my
coffin it's going with me.
73 GW8VUG

My first transmitter was a Knight-kit T-60. Receiver was a
Hallicrafters SX-43.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old August 31st 14, 02:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:34:48 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, September 24, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, jerry wang wrote:
I am taking a survey to find out what type of radios new hams usually
buy. Please post whether you bought an HT, mobile, or base as your
first radio.
Thanks!
73

--
Jerry H. Wang
California State University Northridge
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Email:

Web:
www.csun.edu/~hbcsc274

IAN
the first rig I bought was a liner 2 for 2 meters ssb
my first hf rig was a Swan 350,I still have it,if they can get it in my
coffin it's going with me.

I still have a 1 meter mobile radio that operates on 2 metres.
Its a Yeasu FT-2FB.

73 GW8VUG

10-4

--
Fool me once, shame, shame on you.
Fool me twice, fool me, won't get fooled again.
Old August 31st 14, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote:

On Tuesday, September 24, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, jerry wang wrote:
I am taking a survey to find out what type of radios new hams usually
buy. Please post whether you bought an HT, mobile, or base as your
first radio.
Thanks!
73

--
Jerry H. Wang
California State University Northridge
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Email:

Web:
www.csun.edu/~hbcsc274

IAN
the first rig I bought was a liner 2 for 2 meters ssb
my first hf rig was a Swan 350,I still have it,if they can get it in my
coffin it's going with me.

I still have a 1 meter mobile radio that operates on 2 metres.
Its a Yeasu FT-2FB.

ROFLMAO! Now we KNOW you're not really a ham.

73 GW8VUG

10-4

Flippin' CB-er (probably not even smart enough to be a CBer, though).
No wonder you don't show your call sign. YOU DON'T HAVE ONE!

--
==================

Old August 31st 14, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In wrote:

What is it lately with people responding to decades old posts?

Every one I've seen has been from a googlegrouper.

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Old September 2nd 14, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 8/30/2014 2:34 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, September 24, 1996 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, jerry wang wrote:
I am taking a survey to find out what type of radios new hams usually
buy. Please post whether you bought an HT, mobile, or base as your
first radio.
Thanks!
73

--
Jerry H. Wang
California State University Northridge
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Email:

Web:
www.csun.edu/~hbcsc274

IAN
the first rig I bought was a liner 2 for 2 meters ssb
my first hf rig was a Swan 350,I still have it,if they can get it in my
coffin it's going with me.
73 GW8VUG

First Receiver: Knight Kit Star Roamer
First Transmitter: Eico 720 (This was a 100 Watt CW transmitter but as a
Novice we tuned only for 90 out)

The Eico is now in a museum (Plymouth MI) the Star Roamer long gone.

--
Home, is where I park it.

---

Old September 3rd 14, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
MM MM is offline

On 9/2/14, 3:31 PM, John Davis wrote:
First Receiver: Knight Kit Star Roamer
First Transmitter: Eico 720 (This was a 100 Watt CW transmitter but as a
Novice we tuned only for 90 out)

The Eico is now in a museum (Plymouth MI) the Star Roamer long gone.

First receiver: Knight Span Master, soon replaced by a Hallicrafters S-108.

First transmitter: Knight T-60 which I still have.

Many more since then...Heathkit, Drake, Collins, Kenwood, Icom, etc.
Currently have only an Icom 706 and a few HTs.

Mark AA7TA (WN9CJE in 1961)