Old March 10th 04, 03:06 PM
Brian & Deb Wingert

Default eBay Yaesu FR-101 - Dead bands - need help

I recently purchased a Yaesu FR-101 receiver on eBay. Everything checks out
except for the bands from 10 mhz to 25 mhz. The bands above 10 mhz work and
the bands above 11 meters work. The middle bands are dead.

I tried cleaning the band switches. So far, it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, --- Brian N7RVD

Old March 16th 04, 01:21 PM
exray

FWIW, he said FR-101 receiver. However there are two series of them,
one digital and one analog.
I don't know if its much help but my IC-745 xcvr had something like 4 or
5 'bands' on the input rf stage and I once lost a similar chunk of the
frequency range. It was a small ceramic trimmer for that band that was
acting up.
-Bill M

Old August 28th 14, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Le mercredi 10 mars 2004 15:10:12 UTC+1, Brian & Deb Wingert a écrit*:
I recently purchased a Yaesu FR-101 receiver on eBay. Everything checks out
except for the bands from 10 mhz to 25 mhz. The bands above 10 mhz work and
the bands above 11 meters work. The middle bands are dead.

I tried cleaning the band switches. So far, it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, --- Brian N7RVD

hello, just browsing and found your topic...
did you fix the problem or may I help ?
73
Daniel, ON5pY
Old August 30th 14, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Le mercredi 10 mars 2004 15:10:12 UTC+1, Brian & Deb Wingert a écrit*:

I recently purchased a Yaesu FR-101 receiver on eBay. Everything checks out
except for the bands from 10 mhz to 25 mhz. The bands above 10 mhz work and
the bands above 11 meters work. The middle bands are dead.

It must have been modified extensively to have 11 meters.
I can't imagine where they would have been added or what they would
all be used for.
If I understand you correctly the bands below 10 Mhz check out and
the bands above 10 Mhz work so everything is good.

I tried cleaning the band switches. So far, it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, --- Brian N7RVD

I recommend using it as it is since everything is working.

--
Fool me once, shame, shame on you.
Fool me twice, fool me, won't get fooled again.
Old August 30th 14, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 8/29/2014 8:21 PM, the well-known TROLL Barry OGrady wrote:
Le mercredi 10 mars 2004 15:10:12 UTC+1, Brian & Deb Wingert a écrit :

I recently purchased a Yaesu FR-101 receiver on eBay. Everything checks out
except for the bands from 10 mhz to 25 mhz. The bands above 10 mhz work and
the bands above 11 meters work. The middle bands are dead.

It must have been modified extensively to have 11 meters.
I can't imagine where they would have been added or what they would
all be used for.
If I understand you correctly the bands below 10 Mhz check out and
the bands above 10 Mhz work so everything is good.

I tried cleaning the band switches. So far, it hasn't helped.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, --- Brian N7RVD

I recommend using it as it is since everything is working.

LOL, this troll also responds to a message over 10 years old - and
obviously doesn't understand what the OP is trying to say.

Trolls are stoopid, as "Barry OGrady" (most probably not his real name)
proves.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address