Old September 22nd 03, 11:00 AM
Norbert

Default LDG AT-11MP versus SGC-230?

"Per Brix" oz5abo(at)tdcadsl.dk schreef in bericht
. ..
Hi

Planning on erecting a long wire antenna in my "restricted" garden. I am
looking at these two ATU (or coupler...) but I can't make up my mind.

Anyone having experiences with the two types of ATU?

73's, Per

Per,

The SGC-230 is meant for long wires that are end-fed and not for tuning coax
fed antenna's. It's made for outdoor use near the feeding point of the
antenna.

The AT-11MP is suitable for connecting coax fed antennas. End-fed wires are
connected through a balun.It is made for connecting it close to the
transceiver and not for outdoor use.

In both cases you need long ground radials to make the antenna radiate
properly.

--
Norbert (PA7NR)
homepage: http://www.qsl.net/pa7nr/index.html