Old November 1st 04, 08:53 PM
Tom M

Default WTB Really Skinny Whip Material for 1/4 wave two meter

Hi all,

Looking for the really skinny stainless whip material for a mag mount
two meter ant.

The current material on my mag mount is too stiff and when it hits the
top of the garage door it pulls the magnet off.

Looking for the really flimsey material that will easily bend backward
in the garage and not pull the magnet off.

Where can I get this material? I know with skinny material I give up
bandwidth, but I only use one freq anyway.

Thanks
Tom
Old November 1st 04, 10:09 PM
Crazy George

Tom:

Two answers:

1. Piano wire. Music store

2. Buy a Newtronics (Hustler) model UGM from HRO. Small, lightweight, very flexible.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

Old November 2nd 04, 12:14 AM
Cecil Moore

Tom M wrote:
Looking for the really skinny stainless whip material for a mag mount
two meter ant.

Try an RC hobby shop. RC antennas are what you want.
Make sure it is 20+ inches long so you can trim it
to resonance. I am amazed at the advances in RC model
planes. Almost everyone is using electric motors now.
A control servo that used to measure two inches by one
inch by 0.5 inches is now virtually microscopic. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp