Old November 12th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default GDT 350 kHz

Heard at the Shack on the Bayou in southeast Texas:

0140, November 12 UTC
350 kHz
"GDT"

The keying sounds kind of sloppy, but I'm pretty sure it's "GDT".

It's not in any reference I can find.

Has anybody heard it?

---------------------------
Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou- http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Sony ICF-SW100, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT

Old November 12th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
350 kHz
"GDT"

The keying sounds kind of sloppy, but I'm pretty sure it's "GDT".

It's not in any reference I can find.

Anything here?
http://www.jazzkeyboard.com/jill/radio/longwave.html

Directory
http://www.jazzkeyboard.com/jill/radio/lwqsl.html

Hmmm, nothing there.

Old November 12th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Heard at the Shack on the Bayou in southeast Texas:

0140, November 12 UTC
350 kHz
"GDT"

The keying sounds kind of sloppy, but I'm pretty sure it's "GDT".

It's not in any reference I can find.

Has anybody heard it?

---------------------------
Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou-
http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Sony ICF-SW100, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT

What I hear is 400Hz modulation. Sounds like two characters to me.
dah dit dah dit dah dah NY
Listed as Enderby, British Columbia,

SF Bay area

Old November 12th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It's quite a bit stronger at 1310 UTC (my local sunrise).

It will be interesting to see if it's audible here during the day.

Here's a sound file:

http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/radio/...Nov12_2006.wma

---------------------------

Old November 12th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ps.com...
It's quite a bit stronger at 1310 UTC (my local sunrise).

It will be interesting to see if it's audible here during the day.

Here's a sound file:

http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/radio/...Nov12_2006.wma

---------------------------
Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou- http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Sony ICF-SW100, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT

I think it's OKT at Yoakum, Tx.
Morse code for GDT would be --. -.. -...;
The last character in the sound file you posted is just a '-' .

See: http://www.airnav.com/navaids/ and search for 350.

Regards,
John

Old November 12th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Grrrrr,

Meant to say the first character sounded like ---
in the sound file. Of course the last one is a - for T.
That wouldn't help to differentiate between GDT
and OKT.

Regards,
John

Old April 16th 12, 05:37 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Heard at the Shack on the Bayou in southeast Texas:

0140, November 12 UTC
350 kHz
"GDT"

The keying sounds kind of sloppy, but I'm pretty sure it's "GDT".

It's not in any reference I can find.

Has anybody heard it?

---------------------------
Registered Monitor BR549
The Shack on the Bayou- http://www.ghg.net/cliffwatts/

Drake R8, Sony ICF-SW100, Heathkit GR-64 (retired)
Realistic Pro-2006, Bearcat BC-245XLT
Yes, I have copied GDT on more then one evening here is northwest Harris County, Texas at 351.9 kHz on my Ten Tec RX320D with a 3 ft X 5 ft tuned loop antenna. The keying is sloppy, and it's not listed in any reference I find online. Could it be clandestine? Bill Young WD5HOH
Old April 19th 12, 12:22 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Sheatsley View Post
Grrrrr,

Meant to say the first character sounded like ---
in the sound file. Of course the last one is a - for T.
That wouldn't help to differentiate between GDT
and OKT.

Regards,
John
I have heard it clearly on more than one evening here as "GDT". I have tried changing the pitch, and I still hear "GDT". My QTH is northwest Harris County, Texas just outside Houston. My RX is a Ten Tec RX320D in CW mode with a 3 foot X 5 foot tuned, coupled rectangular loop. What exactly you hear can depend on where you are. Bill Young WD5HOH