Old April 22nd 12, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Used Eton E1s over at Universal Radio

I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.
Old April 22nd 12, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:
I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Those are cool radios. I have an XM module here somewhere. Don't they
have synchronous AM?
Old April 22nd 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:
I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Do you have a link? I just get a page that says "discontinued"
Old April 22nd 12, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 22, 11:35*am, dave wrote:
On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:

I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Do you have a link? I just get a page that says "discontinued"

http://www.universal-radio.com/alert.html

This page has a few E1s.
Old April 23rd 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 04/22/2012 03:03 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 22, 11:35 am, wrote:
On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:

I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Do you have a link? I just get a page that says "discontinued"

http://www.universal-radio.com/alert.html

This page has a few E1s.

Thanks. Still a tad pricey. I'm glad I hung onto my Lowe HF-150.

Old April 23rd 12, 01:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Apr 22, 4:52*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:
I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Those are cool radios. I have an XM module here somewhere. Don't they
have synchronous AM?

Yes,
upper, lower, and double sideband synchro.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

Some claim/believe that the Eton E1 Radio
has a better AM-Sync then the Sony ICF-2010
and Grundig Satellit 800M -ps-i-do- ~ RHF
Old April 23rd 12, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:
On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:
I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Those are cool radios. I have an XM module here somewhere. Don't they
have synchronous AM?

Yes,
upper, lower, and double sideband synchro.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

Some claim/believe that the Eton E1 Radio
has a better AM-Sync then the Sony ICF-2010
and Grundig Satellit 800M -ps-i-do- ~ RHF
.
.

Never had an 800M, but I can say for sure the E1 beats the 2010
which can't be switched to whichever side you want
(you have to tune above or below and hope) That's in addition to the E1 having
double sideband sync to address QSB issues.
Downside is the rubberized paint gets sticky in the summer and holds dust,
have to use a cotton ball and alcohol to clean the case.
--

http://bit.ly/g2PCII

Can that rubber coating simply be removed? Sounds completely
unnecessary...
Old April 26th 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/23/12 14:17 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 23, 10:28 am, Bob wrote:
HF wrote:
On Apr 22, 4:52 pm, Bob wrote:
dave wrote:
[...]

If it's like other such coatings, you can rub it off. As it were.
Clean the substrate with alcohol.
Old April 27th 12, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 22, 11:35 am, *wrote:
On 04/21/2012 07:24 PM, Steve wrote:

I just noticed that they had a ton of them, if anyone's interested. It
doesn't seem like the E1 remained in production for very long.

Do you have a link? I just get a page that says "discontinued"

http://www.universal-radio.com/alert.html

This page has a few E1s.

Thanks. Still a tad pricey. I'm glad I hung onto my Lowe HF-150.

Yeah, the Lowe HF-150....now that's a radio. I would never, ever part
with mine.