Old November 5th 04, 01:31 AM
John S.

Default Panasonic RF-5000a

This 2 auctions are examples of what condition and having the box can
do to the price of an otherwise pleasant sounding but otherwise modest
performing radio. (neither of them are mine)

Bids:

No Bids:

The Rf-5000a is a big transoceanic size radio with really pleasant
audio. Music on strong shortwave stations is an absolute delight. It
sounds like radios used to when they came in big wooden cases and it
just looks impressive in person. While it can decode ssb finding
specific frequencies is a challenge. It will be interesting to see
how serious the collectors are with this one. I remember one in this
condition going for well over $1,000 a couple of years ago.

I owned one for about a year, but sold it because it was really
insensitive to other than powerhouse signals.
Old November 5th 04, 01:36 AM
Radio Flyer

It also shows what having one day of auction left vs. having 9 days left is
like.

"John S." wrote in message
om...
This 2 auctions are examples of what condition and having the box can
do to the price of an otherwise pleasant sounding but otherwise modest
performing radio. (neither of them are mine)

Bids:

No Bids:

The Rf-5000a is a big transoceanic size radio with really pleasant
audio. Music on strong shortwave stations is an absolute delight. It
sounds like radios used to when they came in big wooden cases and it
just looks impressive in person. While it can decode ssb finding
specific frequencies is a challenge. It will be interesting to see
how serious the collectors are with this one. I remember one in this
condition going for well over $1,000 a couple of years ago.

I owned one for about a year, but sold it because it was really
insensitive to other than powerhouse signals.

Panasonic RF-2200 - Recent News and Info RHF Shortwave 1 September 8th 04 06:06 AM
Technical question: Panasonic RF3100 receiver starman Shortwave 0 August 5th 04 08:59 AM
Panasonic RF 5000A Alaskan Boatanchors 0 May 16th 04 12:14 AM
Panasonic RF 5000A Alaskan Boatanchors 0 May 16th 04 12:12 AM
Panasonic 4900 vs. FRG 7 Ray Shortwave 3 July 18th 03 06:36 AM