Old April 7th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Default Aerial mounting on Freelander

Hi all,
Looks like time to exchange cars and have an interest in a Landrover
Freelander
was woundering if any one in the group has experience of aerila mounting on
this
vehicle ?
looking for several mountting positions ideally .....
VHF / UHF (2m and 70cm), VHF (4m and/or 6m) and an HF aerial (80m - 10m)

I know I can use a magmount but I want a couple of permant mounts and was
woundering what others have done.

TTFN es 73 Martin

Old April 7th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

"Demon News" wrote in message
Hi all,
Looks like time to exchange cars and have an interest in a Landrover
Freelander
was woundering if any one in the group has experience of aerila mounting
on this
vehicle ?
looking for several mountting positions ideally .....
VHF / UHF (2m and 70cm), VHF (4m and/or 6m) and an HF aerial (80m - 10m)

I know I can use a magmount but I want a couple of permant mounts and was
woundering what others have done.

Martin, I have a Black & Decker D500 you can borrow if your passing.

Ken G1ITV.

Old April 7th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

I know I can use a magmount but I want a couple of permant mounts and was
woundering what others have done.

Martin, I have a Black & Decker D500 you can borrow if your passing.

You will certainly inflict plenty of "woundering" to the Freelander body
work using that!!

Old April 7th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Martin, I have a Black & Decker D500 you can borrow if your passing.

Ken G1ITV.

Not what I had in mind ....
but I have a DeWalt but I am not going to get into Power Tool Envy

Martin

Old April 7th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Martin g1gyc wrote:
Martin, I have a Black & Decker D500 you can borrow if your passing.

Ken G1ITV.

Not what I had in mind ....
but I have a DeWalt

Is that a QSL from G3NYY ? :-)

Old April 8th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

"Martin g1gyc" wrote in message

Martin, I have a Black & Decker D500 you can borrow if your passing.

Ken G1ITV.

Not what I had in mind ....
but I have a DeWalt but I am not going to get into Power Tool Envy

I would not recommend putting very long aerials on to a Freelander as they
can easily hit bridges when the car is on the back of a breakdown.

Ken G1ITV.

Aerial Tony Shortwave 0 March 9th 05 09:18 PM
UK DAB homebrew aerial Z Antenna 0 November 26th 04 06:55 PM
Aerial connection Chris Thompson Shortwave 2 October 19th 04 11:08 PM
ext aerial Chris Thompson Shortwave 0 October 17th 04 08:24 AM
longwire aerial? Zoltar Shortwave 7 December 7th 03 06:25 AM