Old January 10th 04, 05:42 AM
w4jle

Default cheap power supply

I found a source of really cheap power supplies to run my DC powered
electric chargers. http://www.ramboy.com sells a 12 volt @ 13 amp power
supply for $19.95 including shipment.

After I got it, I cranked up the voltage to 13.2 volts and it still supplied
almost 13 amps. Small package switching regulator type.

If your looking for a means to power a 12 volt DC charger this is a cheap
way to go. By the way I am in no way connected with them, simply a satisfied
user that is ordering 2 more.

Editor - Gilbert News On-Line
Http://gilbertnews.net

Old January 10th 04, 04:35 PM
Dan Vitale

Sound good. Years ago I had 2 10A switching supplies and I put them in
parallel to get 20A@12 V. Was thinking you probably could do the same with
those and that would be enough to run most 100w transceivers. I just got an
MFJ switching supply and paid around $140 for it!

KD6P
Dan Vitale

Old January 10th 04, 04:49 PM
K9SQG

As long as you don't have to fault isolate a problem with a switching power
supply...hi...
Old January 10th 04, 05:11 PM
Paul Landregan

"w4jle" W4JLE(remove this to wrote in message
I found a source of really cheap power supplies to run my DC powered
electric chargers. http://www.ramboy.com sells a 12 volt @ 13 amp power
supply for $19.95 including shipment.

After I got it, I cranked up the voltage to 13.2 volts and it still

supplied
almost 13 amps. Small package switching regulator type.

If your looking for a means to power a 12 volt DC charger this is a cheap
way to go. By the way I am in no way connected with them, simply a

satisfied
user that is ordering 2 more.

Editor - Gilbert News On-Line
Http://gilbertnews.net

Anything like this been found in the UK?

PSU's are pretty dear here.

Old January 11th 04, 01:56 AM
w4jle

Exactly the reason I ordered 2 additional units. The power supply on my
Ten-Tec went south (I suspect it is just the regulator) but this makes for a
cheap backup. By the way they do have remote sense
..

Complex Z0 [Corrected] pez Antenna 41 September 11th 03 05:00 PM
Derivation of the Reflection Coefficient? Dr. Slick Antenna 104 September 6th 03 02:27 AM
The Cecilian Gambit, a variation on the Galilean Defense revisited Richard Clark Antenna 11 July 24th 03 07:30 PM