Old March 23rd 05, 07:10 PM

Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:
In an earlier post I stated that it looked like the real part of

the
antenna impedance needed to be less than 50 ohms to get a perfect
match, using this method.

Maybe it's the same as the parallel tuning coil installed
at the base of a 75m mobile antenna which has a real part
equal to 12-25 ohms (depending on the quality of the antenna).
--
73, Cecil
http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+ Newsgroups

=----

If you use an "L" network consisting of two inductors as a matching
device, the R must be less than 50 ohms. I was incorrectly modeling
the tapped coil as a two inductor "L" network.
Gary N4AST

Yaesu FT-857D questions Joe S. Equipment 6 October 25th 04 09:40 AM
LongWire Antenna Jim B Shortwave 5 March 2nd 04 10:36 AM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 05:34 AM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Antenna 16 December 13th 03 04:01 PM
Poor quality low + High TV channels? How much dB in Preamp? lbbs Shortwave 16 December 13th 03 04:01 PM