Old January 4th 15, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Is new RS PRO-93 no better than my old Regency HX1500 ??

Several of the HX series scanners from Regency were legendary amongst scanner aficionados. Personally the 1500 was my fave but others will wax on about the 1000 & the 1200. My rig was the 1500, 5/8 wave NMO w/Larsen coil(yes, hole in the roof!!!), a 200 watt audio power booster w/graphic equalizer, and the nearly magical Lunar Industries PAD-161 antenna preamp(20 db antenna gain w/10% noise factor, this device also totally eliminated the pesky intermod mentioned correctly by Neutrodyne above). It pretty much blew away anything else put next to it, sometimes gathering groups of people around my vehicle muttering things like "What's in there???"

But, time marches on, and if purely receive performance is your highest priority, you may want to consider an amateur transceiver.

Regency HX1500 Dan Scanner 3 May 26th 06 06:54 PM
Help with Regency Z10. jon Scanner 4 May 19th 05 04:41 AM
Regency HX1500 'FrErr' Dhmoone Scanner 6 September 20th 04 06:04 PM
FA: Three REGENCY VHF HT's K6ME Swap 0 December 1st 03 08:18 AM
Regency Earl Nunn Swap 0 August 9th 03 01:46 AM