Old October 24th 14, 06:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Default The inefficiency of short antennae compared to long antennae,as previously discussed.

On 24/10/14 18:00, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Brian Reay wrote in :

I'd think coffee
would be the worst thing last thing at night

I think the idea is to get them out of it (the bed), as opposed to beer,
whose purpose is simply to get them out of it.

Coffee in the morning is different. If I can't get a decent cup of tea
then a good coffee will do. I took a while to figure out the mysteries
of French coffee. I prefer a Latte but they don't 'do' those. When in
France I have a 'grand creme', which is rather good and is like a DIY
Latte- if a bit 'heavy' compared to the skimmed milk version I normally
have. I don't risk tea in France. I don't think they have forgiven us
for Agincourt.
Old October 24th 14, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Brian Reay wrote in :

These days it would be take away
Chinese and Curry or Kebabs

I like Chinese food, but fish and chips at its best is hard to beat.
Specially in Cornwall. I was lucky being a child in Cornwall. You mentioned
fig rolls, also good, not to be confused with 'squashed fly' biscuits.
Garibaldi. So Italian I guess. Nice though. I found Furniss busicuits on
eBay... Lemon fairings do still exist.

Old October 24th 14, 06:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Percy Picacity wrote in
:

Surely Garibaldi biscuits are the classical dead fly biscuits?

Yes. beware the grittier currants, the resemblance is unfortunate.
Old October 24th 14, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Brian Reay wrote in :

I don't think they have forgiven us
for Agincourt.

I like varuious teas and choclates when I'm in the mood for special things,
but with coffee I totally lack imagination. Nescafe Gold Blend, and that's
about it.
Old October 24th 14, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2014-10-24 16:49:37 +0000, Brian Reay said:

On 24/10/14 17:28, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Brian Reay wrote in :

I think the English have mastered the Biscuit.

Can't argue with that. Evenm the cheap shop's own brand ginger
biscuits rock.
There are some flaws though, those weird tinned ones that look (and
taste)
like soem papery composite, and the ones with a blob of jam as tough as
Torrseal, those take careful suspension of disbelief (and a friendly
dentist
within easy reach too).

I think you mean 'Jammy Dodgers', dreadful things. Not to keen on
'Jaffa Cakes' either- too soft and glue like.

Fig Rolls are good. Someone I knew (not sure who it was) called them
'dead fly rolls' and I always chuckle when I have one.

Surely Garibaldi biscuits are the classical dead fly biscuits? Fig
rolls would be more macerated fly rolls.

Could be but the memory is from my childhood and I doubt we had
Garibaldi biscuits in the working class north of England. Fine food such
as 'stotty cake' (one of the best breads you can imagine) yes, Garibaldi
no. Even Yogurt was considered 'exotic'. As for Curry.... Now, my former
home town has an excellent selection of Indian/Asian restaurants which
could rival anywhere. Funny how times change.

Old October 24th 14, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

On 24/10/14 18:20, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Brian Reay wrote in :

I don't think they have forgiven us
for Agincourt.

I like varuious teas and choclates when I'm in the mood for special things,
but with coffee I totally lack imagination. Nescafe Gold Blend, and that's
about it.

I like the Kenco stuff which I think is 'freeze dried' or some such. It
really is very good in my view. Makes a very good latte with skimmed
milk. Comes in a silver tin or silver refills. I sometimes grind beans
etc. but for a quick cup, it is too much hassle.

Old October 25th 14, 07:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:56:44 +0100, gareth wrote:

The reason that Yank comedy shows are not entertaining is that you are
briefed that a punch line is coming up several seconds before its
arrival,

The same can be said be said for most current "comedy" be they American
or Britsh. Luckily we now have enoght TV channels show repeats that it
possible to watch good comedy from both sides of the Atlantic most days
of the week.

Charlie

--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey

Old February 23rd 15, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

Brian Reay wrote in :

I think the English have mastered the Biscuit.

Can't argue with that. Evenm the cheap shop's own brand ginger biscuits
rock.
There are some flaws though, those weird tinned ones that look (and
taste)
like soem papery composite, and the ones with a blob of jam as tough as
Torrseal, those take careful suspension of disbelief (and a friendly
dentist
within easy reach too).

I think you mean 'Jammy Dodgers', dreadful things. Not to keen on 'Jaffa
Cakes' either- too soft and glue like.

Fig Rolls are good. Someone I knew (not sure who it was) called them 'dead
fly rolls' and I always chuckle when I have one.

Hovis do a digestive which go very well with cheese, I had a couple last
night at my club (a Trafalgar Night Dinner). Excellent with glass of good
port. Not always easy to find in the shops but the large stores tend to
stock them.

Ayton sandwich biscuit made in glasgow...the best...not seen one for
years...

Old February 24th 15, 07:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

In message , Jim GM4DHJ...
writes

Brian Reay wrote in :

[...]

Tunnocks tea cakes ,although they may not strictly be biscuits. Failing
that Caramel Logs of that ilk.

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old February 24th 15, 08:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur

"Brian Howie" wrote in message
In message , Jim GM4DHJ...
writes

Brian Reay wrote in :

[...]

wagonweels .......lemon puff ......in his poor years brian used to wrap up
plain digestives in silver paper when he knew visitors were coming......

Short Antennae gareth Antenna 10 October 11th 14 02:19 AM
Fractal antennae? Sparky[_3_] Shortwave 10 February 17th 14 11:23 AM
Looking for help regarding satellie antennae [email protected] Antenna 8 September 1st 05 03:21 AM
Question on antennae JohnM CB 6 July 11th 05 09:19 PM
Homemade Antennae, help Steve Muir Antenna 6 April 12th 04 04:44 AM