Old February 12th 04, 04:31 AM
RHF

Default Understanding Shortwave Radio Listening and Antenna Design and Construction

FO&A,

Understanding Shortwave Radio Listening and Antenna Design and Construction
- by Harold Melton [ KV5R ]

Read Message # 718 "Understanding Shortwave Radio Listening and
Antenna Design and Construction" - by Harold Melton [ KV5R ]

I N T R O D U C T I O N

* SAFETY FIRST !
Power Line Safety
Lightening Safety
Legaleze
Falls and Other Home Hazards

* SHORTWAVE RADIO SPECTRUM USERS & SHORTWAVE BANDS

* BASIC RADIO THEORY
* DEFINITIONS:
Cycle or Hertz
Kilocycle or kiloHertz (kHz)
Megacycle or MegaHertz (MHz)
Frequency
Resonance
Wavelength
Bandwidth

* TYPICAL ANTENNA DESIGNS:
Longwire Antenna
Monopole Antenna
Dipole Antenna
Zepp Antenna
Ground Plane Antenna
Yagi Antenna
Log Periodic Dipole Array (LPDA) Antenna
Discone Antenna
Feedlines for Antennas

* SIMPLE ANTENNAS

* CLASSIC LONGWIRE INSTALLATION

* WHICH DIRECTION IS BEST ? -&- DIRECTIVITY

* OUTDOOR MULTIWIRE SHORTWAVE ANTENNAS
[ Check-It-Out: A Must Look-See and Read. ]

* INDOOR MULTIWIRE SHORTWAVE ANTENNAS
[ Check-It-Out: A Must Look-See and Read. ]

* SIMPLE INDOOR SHORTWAVE ANTENNAS

* NUTTY ANTENNAS:
House Wiring
Aluminum Foil and Coat Hangers
Hidden Wires
Foil Tape
Gutters and Down Spouts
Thrown or Draped Wire
Compressed Antennas
Neighbor Antennas

* ADD-ON GADGETS
Active Antennas, Pre-Amplifiers, Pre-Selectors
Audio Filters
Computer Interfaces, Radioteletype and Fax Demodulators
2003 Update: Computer Sound-card Software
What to Avoid

* ABOVE SHORTWAVE: THE DISCONE VHF SCANNER ANTENNA
Support Planning and Erection Safety
General Design Notes
Materials
Construction

Shortwave Listener (SWL) and AM & FM Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !

The Antenna is 55.5% of the Radio/Receiver
and Antenna/Ground Reception Equation
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...na/message/288
Shortwave Listener (SWL) and AM & FM Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !

iane ~ RHF
..
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night...
You Can Hear Forever and beyond the Beyond !

..

..
Old February 12th 04, 04:02 PM
Maximus

I don't visit any Yahoo site any more than I have anythingn to do with
Hotmail - it is simply an enormous spam magnet, and some pretty nasty stuff
at that.

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
FO&A,

.

Old February 13th 04, 01:31 AM
Stinger

Max --

Don't let fear of spam stop you!

Just sign up for a free Yahoo Mail account first, THEN sign up for the
groups with that mail account. Then, you can just read the group page and
forget the e-mails if you want. Group signups now have a "no-emails"
checkbox as well, so your inbox won't even be filled with group messages.

You're missing some pretty good stuff!

For what it's worth, Yahoo mail works pretty well, because they seem to have
very good spam blockers, and they give you a "bulk" e-mail box that they put
any incoming messages that aren't in the spam database but contain
"spammish" material. My C.Crane "specials" e-mails always end up in there,
for instance.

Give it a shot -- it's free.

-- Stinger

"Maximus" wrote in message
ink.net...
I don't visit any Yahoo site any more than I have anythingn to do with
Hotmail - it is simply an enormous spam magnet, and some pretty nasty

stuff
at that.

"RHF" wrote in message
om...