Old January 28th 04, 01:25 AM
Jason Dugas

Default 2m Amplifier Designs

I was looking through my old 1994 ARRL Handbook at the 2m amplifier designs.
I thought the few they had there were interesting so I decided to look in
the only other handbook I had (2000). I was stunned to see that there were
NO VHF amplifier designs included. Even funnier, was the absence of the
amplifier topic altogether in the VHF/UHF handbook-- no designs there
either. where are they all hiding?!?!

If anyone has some good designs on the net, please point me to them!
Thanks,

Jason
KB5URQ

Old January 28th 04, 01:35 AM
jimbo

hi jason,

Check out this site, many good amplifers from Motorola designs.

http://www.communication-concepts.com/default.htm

73 jimbo

Old January 28th 04, 01:41 AM
Tim Wescott

The 2002 book has both a 1500W linear and a 50W class C mobile amp, I was
just drooling over them last night.

Old January 28th 04, 02:44 AM
Tim Wescott

(Jason replied to me via email):

Hmm, guess they must have skipped a year on the topic...
Does the 1.5kW linear require an external high voltage power supply? the
300W unit in 1994's handbook requires fabrication of both the amplifier &
the power supply..

Jason
KB5URQ

It requires one, either internal or external. If you can put the RF deck
together then you should be happy putting together the HV supply (may want
to buy a crane for the transformer, though).

-- Tim

Old January 28th 04, 02:51 AM
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:35:11 GMT, jimbo wrote:

|hi jason,
|
|Check out this site, many good amplifers from Motorola designs.
|
|http://www.communication-concepts.com/default.htm

Those aren't "amplifiers", they are "drivers."

These are amplifiers:

http://web.wt.net/~w5un/8877-1.htm

http://www.svetlana.com/docs/TechBul...hnoteNo42.html

http://www.qsl.net/dl4mea/2g35.htm

http://www.qsl.net/wb5apd/144_new_amp.html

etc. etc...

Old January 28th 04, 03:01 AM
Tim Wescott

Down-East Microwave also has kits for "drivers" (jeesh).

Wes: Does the sky over your shack glow at night? During the day?

Old January 28th 04, 03:08 AM
jimbo

http://www.communication-concepts.com/hf_amplifiers.htm

Am I missing something here ???

jimbo

Old January 28th 04, 05:59 AM
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:08:07 GMT, jimbo wrote:

|http://www.communication-concepts.com/hf_amplifiers.htm
|
|Am I missing something here ???

Yes and I tried to respond to your email message but your spoofed your
return address, so forget about it. If it's over your head, so be it.

Old January 28th 04, 06:24 AM
Avery Fineman

In article , jimbo writes:

http://www.communication-concepts.com/hf_amplifiers.htm

Am I missing something here ???

jimbo

Communications Concepts is a company that supplies parts and
whole kits for making a number of solid-state RF AMPLIFIERS,
principally made according to Motorola application notes done
mostly by Helge Granberg. C-C has some of those app notes
available for download although the quality wasn't good when I
checked them out about 3 years ago. I've heard good words about
C-C but never ordered anything from them myself.

Some of the old Motorola app notes still exist in downloadable form
from the archives of the Motorola website...or at least existed at
one time. Some of the old Motorola RF amplifier transistors are
now made by ON Semiconductor but the original Motorola solid-
state organizations did a rather monstrous downsizing of production
to more in-demand and profitable semiconductors.

Len Anderson
retired (from regular hours) electronic engineer person
Old January 28th 04, 06:52 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Avery Fineman wrote:

In article , jimbo writes:

[...]

I tried to get an old Motorola datasheet yesterday, and the entire
archive section was gone.

--
We now return you to our normally scheduled programming.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida