Old February 4th 04, 10:49 PM
GS

Default FA: Swan Cygnet 260 HF Transceiver

Working - sort of - long sad story at above link. This was
my 2nd HF SSB rig when I was a teenager in the 70's.
Full details at above link.

Thanks

Old February 5th 04, 10:49 PM
GS

Update on the Swan 260 -

On the advice of a kind ham who wrote to me, I have replaced the
final tube (6LQ6) and now have about 100 watts on the three lower
bands. Seems when the 1 ohm resistor (that I replaced) burned it
took the tube too. But there's lots of carrier when you key the mic, so the
carrier balance is off. At least it again has lots of RF output!

GS

news.com...

Old February 6th 04, 12:26 AM
W4JLE

Or you need to neutralize the new final.

"GS" wrote in message
news.com...
Update on the Swan 260 -

On the advice of a kind ham who wrote to me, I have replaced the
final tube (6LQ6) and now have about 100 watts on the three lower
bands. Seems when the 1 ohm resistor (that I replaced) burned it
took the tube too. But there's lots of carrier when you key the mic, so

the
carrier balance is off. At least it again has lots of RF output!

GS

news.com...