Old October 27th 06, 01:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 11 meter quad beam

On 26 Oct 2006 20:59:48 GMT, Steveo wrote:

+++One of these?
+++
+++http://www.gizmotchy.com/
+++
+++I've heard good things about those..I didn't find the price section so I'll
+++have to go back and do a little research later. I'd forgotten about them.
+++Thanks for the reminder, beerkeg.

**************

Yep that looks like it. I wonder if they redesigned the boom to
element clamps. That was the one weakness of the antenna. They used to
be made of "pot" metal aluminum and would crack after time due to the
wind. I had a freind tool some clamps for me from 6061-T6 aluminum and
they worked superior. I also replaced the Polyethelene dialectric
spacer in the gamma match with teflon.

Saw the pictures on the web page. One thing that would be better for
very long beams, 5 or 6 elements, is to increase the boom diameter.
This will prevent saging and not require the boom supports. This would
be acceptable to boom lengths of about 25 feet or so.

Never looked at others. Don't really spend that much time on the air
any more.

james
Old October 27th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

(I AmnotGeorgeBush) wrote:
From:
(Steveo)
I wish the PDL II was still being made.

Have you considered stacked V-quads?

Not really. I think jo gunn is the route I'm going so far. Anyone disagree?
Old October 27th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:
[...]

Thanks James, that antenna is sorta tempting and looks fairly stout
especially if I could say I'm ruining a 'gizmotchy'. I like the sound of
that!

I'm leaning toward the 3 element jo gunn tho. Reckon that's OK?
Old October 28th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:27:25 -0700, I PUNCE attempted to confuse the issue
further by squeaking:
Steveo wrote:
Hi Jay.

Yeah someone emailed me about those and said they were happy with it. I
can't say I've ever heard of them before. Do you have any hands on
experience with them?

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Hello Stevo and jim:

Look at the Qubex Magum CB Series Quad antennas.

http://www.cubex.com/index.htm

Jay in the Mojave
jim wrote:

Ever think of a JoGunn? Maybe Jay in the Mojave can come up with
something.

I PUNCE AGAINNE

Is there some reason anyone should care, pseudo-Mark? Blatant homophobia
isn't as cool outside KKK circles as you seem to think. If you don't
like sexuality shoved in your face, refrain from public displays of
affection first. Of course, you probably don't have a choice, meaning
you're motivated by jealousy, but I'm giving you a tiny benefit of the
doubt.

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5; COOSN-029-06-71069
The God of Odd Statements, the Ugliest Pig****er In The Universe
Stupidity Takes Its Toll. Please Have Exact Change.

If you never read anything else in any of my sigs, read this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15321167/
http://borealin.livejournal.com/15104.html
Or watch it he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs
Then, if you manage to read/watch all that, try this:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/Re...asDefenses.pdf
And Molly Ivins had a few choice words to say about it, weeks befo
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092906B.shtml
Here's Chris Floyd: Fatal Vision: The Deeper Evil Behind the Detainee
Bill: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/100206A.shtml

"Q: What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
A: George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War." -- Anon.

Thread where outing begins: http://tinyurl.com/hojf8
George Pickett Memorial Trophy, Special Ops Cody Memorial Purple Heart,
and the Order of the Holey Sockpuppet winner on
outing personal contact info in x-poasted subject lines:
"Plenty of people post under their real names and do not attempt to hide
their contact info. You are scared of being 'outed' because you are a
pathological abuser of usenet, and people rightly despise you for it.
You're afraid of being reported to the authorities or, better, visited
by a couple of guys with baseball bats. Other people don't have this
obsessive fear. Ward Hardman himself has posted plenty of personal
information - nothing that anyone else added was hidden in any way.
You're so ****ing scared you've built up this whole sick mythology about
different categories of bad dudes who 'out' scum like you.

"Meanwhile you are the ugliest pig****er in the universe. You are the
coward without ethics. You call me a 'newbie' - ha! what an asshole you
are. Those who want to remain anonymous do so. There is absolutely no
way you could identify me, not unless you had the sort of subpoena power
that only gets turned on for big-time terrorists. That's because I chose
to be anonymous. Some people don't. Only really stupid dicks like you
choose the sort of semi-anonymity which leaves you in constant fear.

"What a dickless wonder you are 'Snarky' you fat asshole."
-- in MID: . com

"I am the only one who has outer filthed Ward" -- James C. "Crackhead"
Cracked voluntarily self-immolates, in MID:

"When I told Abbie Hoffman that he was the first one who made me laugh
since Lenny Bruce died, Hoffman said, "Really? He was my god." The
combination of satirical irreverence and sense of justice that Bruce and
Hoffman shared was the real spirit behind the Yippies--a term I coined to
describe a phenomenon that already existed: an organic coalition of stoned
hippies and political activists who engaged in such actions as throwing
money on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, then explaining to
reporters the meaning of that symbolism. Folksinger Phil Ochs summed it
up: "A demonstration should turn you on, not turn you off." So when
journalists link the Yippies with misleading bedfellows, at best it's
careless shorthand; at worst it's deliberate demonization. Osama bin Laden
wanted an aircraft to crash into the Pentagon. Abbie Hoffman merely wanted
to levitate it." -- Paul Krassner,
http://tinyurl.com/ehu3v
Old October 31st 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Steveo wrote:
Which is the best light wind load horizontal/vertical on the market today?

Never been a cb beam with a boom long enough for the frequency coverage.