Old June 14th 04, 02:12 PM
K5DH

Default Drake TR-4C questions

Drake experts,

I have some TR-4C questions:

(a) What's the typical power output on CW and SSB?
I suspect my PA tubes are weak.

(b) Any way to modify the T/R switching circuitry
to have the microphone PTT switch control the
T/R switching directly, instead of biasing the
VOX amp tube to control the relays?

(c) Is it practical to try to upgrade the rig to
TR-4Cw standards? Are the parts available?
How about the CW filter?

(d) I know there's a mod out there to replaced the
6JB6A's with 6146's in the 4-Line transmitters.
Has anyone done this with a TR-4 transceiver?
With matched triplets of 6JB6A's going for near
$100, the cheap and plentiful 6146 might be a
good alternative.

(e) Anyone have any worthwhile improvements for the
receiver? I've printed a number of articles off
the internet on Drake mods, but I haven't found
much for the transceivers. It's mainly stuff for
the 4-Line twins.

Thanks and 73,
Dean K5DH

FA Lots of Nice Drake Gear Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 September 17th 04 07:17 AM
Drake TR-4C questions K5DH Boatanchors 0 June 14th 04 02:12 PM
Drake TR-4C questions K5DH Equipment 0 June 14th 04 02:12 PM
FS Drake TR4C with Drake Mod to TR4CW K8bvj Boatanchors 0 October 18th 03 06:04 PM
FS Drake TR4C with Drake Mod to TR4CW K8bvj Boatanchors 0 October 18th 03 06:04 PM