Old February 8th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default FA: Johnson Viking Navigator CW transmitter

Item number: 5863996070

http://cgi.ebay.com/Really-Pretty-Jo...cmdZ ViewItem

Thanks for looking.

Jeff
W8KZW
Near Detroit

Old February 8th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
John L. Sielke

wrote:
Item number: 5863996070

http://cgi.ebay.com/Really-Pretty-Jo...cmdZ ViewItem

Thanks for looking.

Jeff
W8KZW
Near Detroit

$1185.00 !!! Amazing.
Old February 8th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Uncle Peter

"John L. Sielke" wrote in message
Item number: 5863996070

http://cgi.ebay.com/Really-Pretty-Jo...-this-one_W0QQ
itemZ5863996070QQcategoryZ4675QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for looking.

Jeff
W8KZW
Near Detroit

$1185.00 !!! Amazing.

Gorgeous little CW rig... But, for that price I'd homebrew a clone.

Pete

Old February 8th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Doug

$1185?????
And it's not even in mint condx!

Dream on.

Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be a hobby.

Greed hath no limits...

Doug

Old February 8th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
WDØHCO

That's buy it now price (if your really nuts) - bid is only $280 - it's
worth about $800

It's in pretty good shape - most worn units have the PLATE - GRID lettering
below the meter partially worn off.

Pretty expensive for a CW ONLY xmitr - Consider that J Viking only made 800
of these and they never did sell very many of them.

A better rig would be the Drake 2NT, Heath DX-60B or a even a KNIGHT T-60
xmitr - No built in VFO but XTALS are kinda fun and they are pretty cheap
even on eBay.

- Biz WDØHCO

Old February 9th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Straydog

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Doug wrote:

$1185?????
And it's not even in mint condx!

Dream on.

Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be a hobby.

Greed hath no limits...

Doug

I agree. I've watched these auctions for a few items. I guess there are
people out there with money coming out of their ears and don't care what a
fair price is and get "the fever" that they _have to_ have the thing.

Or, the shill system is the new way to make money.

All this made me make the decision to just go totally for building all
homebrew gear, in my present retirement, for my station for the future.
And, if I don't like the price at the hamfest, I'll just pass the stuff
by.
Old February 9th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
-=H=-

Those little crystal-controlled Novice rigs are a ball to use,
aren't they? If you aren't lucky enough to have some crystals,
a good rig to look for is the Knight T-150 otr T-150A. It has
a pair of 6146's in the PA, built-in VFO, CW and AM, 80m - 6m.
You can buy a nice one off eBay for $100 - $125.

I'm not sure why anyone other than a collector would spend that
much on a Navigator. Why not just buy a Ranger for $250 or so?

73,
Dean K5DH

In article , says...

Old February 9th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Big Rich Soprano

Gorgeous little CW rig... But, for that price I'd homebrew a clone.

Here here...
Old February 9th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Big Rich Soprano

$1185?????
And it's not even in mint condx!

Dream on.

Jeez, I thought this was supposed to be a hobby.

Greed hath no limits...

It's a hobby for us but greed for a merchant...
Old February 9th 06, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
John L. Sielke

Uncle Peter wrote:
"John L. Sielke" wrote in message

Item number: 5863996070

http://cgi.ebay.com/Really-Pretty-Jo...-this-one_W0QQ
itemZ5863996070QQcategoryZ4675QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for looking.

Jeff
W8KZW
Near Detroit

$1185.00 !!! Amazing.

Gorgeous little CW rig... But, for that price I'd homebrew a clone.

Pete

I bet that there is someone out there with more money than brains, though. If it
was MINT condition, all restored, etc, it MIGHT be worth $500-700, due to
scarcity, but the auction even states it is not in mint condition. Worth about
$250-350, again, only because of scarcity.