Old July 27th 03, 06:57 PM
Dave Platt

Dave,
How about an 'UnUn', then?
'Doc

That's exactly what the authorities say when they catch up with the
pirate broadcaster. They usually wag one finger back and forth, too
(in symbolic representation of a modulation meter, I suppose).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO
Old July 28th 03, 06:25 AM
'Doc

Or, since this is an unbalanced, pirate antenna,
would that be a 'Pun-Pun'?
'Doc
Old July 28th 03, 05:26 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Get a UHF panel mount receptacle, SO-239. Find some brass rod

Can somebody 'splain mo'betta?

What's UHF panel?How do I mount receptacle?
What's SO-239? Can I use WD40?
Where can one find brass rod, where do they grow?
How cheap and how good will it be?

Bada pie rate BUm
Old July 29th 03, 02:46 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

You left out the step where he connects it to the goos.

Tam/WB2TT
"Dave Platt" wrote in message
In article , 'Doc wrote:

Can anyone help me "homebrew" a goos FM Pirate radio antenna?
Help! Please!

Step One:
Find an unused pirate (preferably FM).

Step Two:
Make feedline connections to pirate.

Direct connection to coax. Do not use ladder line. Do not use a balun.

History indicates quite strongly that most pirates were unbalanced.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Old August 1st 03, 03:19 AM
Dave Bushong

Heathkit used to make a small metal container that held resistive
transmitter dissipative units, surrounded by oil, that would take all
transmitter power, and the SWR was nearly 1:1 on all (HF) bands.

I think that is what you want here.

Dave KZ1O

David Robbins wrote:

p.s. this one has the added advatage of makeing it a legal pirate station.

"David Robbins" wrote in message

sure, take a resistor rated to dissipate as much power as your

transmitter,

encase in metal can, add connector, and away you go.

"Dominick(dblacklab)" wrote in message

Can anyone help me "homebrew" a goos FM Pirate radio antenna?
Help! Please!

--

Please yank that last "t" from my email address.
It's "net", not "nett". You know how to do that,