Old March 15th 04, 05:01 PM
Rev. Tim McIntire

Default "Never Miss" Programming

Hey, all...

As slight detour from the technical specs that go over my head and the flame
wars between people I don't know, I thought I'd ask everyone which radio
programming they most enjoy.

Me, I like Alex Jones, Art Bell, the BBC World Service, and Radio Cairo.
And I think John Batchelor on WABC 770 in New York is the absolutely most
informative show on radio.

Rev. Tim McIntire AIM/YIM/MSN: revtimmymac
http://www.reverendtim.com PGP Key ID: 0x0290EA17

Old March 15th 04, 06:18 PM
Maximus

Hi Rev
I like Radio New Zealand and Radio Nacional Do Amazonia in Brazil. I pass
over any religious stations because I find very very few to be my cup of tea
and I dislike the way religion is used as a means to make a living, but that
is my personal bias.

I also like Radio Vlaanderen International and Radio Netherlands because I
like hearing what is going on in the rest of the world. I don't trust our
government to speak the truth anymore, and I don't trust the media to be
factual either because they are driven by the urge to splash sensational
headlines and abandon a worthy story because it no longer carries the impact
it did.
I also like listening to Hams, GHFS and weather stations.

"Strength and Honor"

Old March 15th 04, 07:13 PM
Diverd4777

BBC ( news & commentary )

WBCQ 7.415 ( Planet World News, Weekend Music Shows, Tasha Femkins, Alan Wiener
Worldwide, John Lightning & RNI International) Rabbi Spivak , Jean Sheperd

Radio Canada International ( A.M.)

Radio Australia 9.580 ( A.M)

Other Music shows on RNZI 17.675 ( propagation willing)

n article , "Rev. Tim McIntire"

Old March 15th 04, 07:20 PM
Volker Tonn

Maximus wrote:

.... I don't trust our
government to speak the truth anymore, and I don't trust the media to be
factual either because they are driven by the urge to splash sensational
headlines and abandon a worthy story because it no longer carries the impact
it did.

Good general coverage insight. Sadly even true for europe.
At least DW and other international german broadcasters are (mostly)
independent from goverments with their content.

Volker

Old March 15th 04, 07:31 PM
Rev. Tim McIntire

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message

Maximus wrote:

.... I don't trust our
government to speak the truth anymore, and I don't trust the media to be
factual either because they are driven by the urge to splash sensational
headlines and abandon a worthy story because it no longer carries the

impact
it did.

Good general coverage insight. Sadly even true for europe.
At least DW and other international german broadcasters are (mostly)
independent from goverments with their content.

I figure it's probably not a good idea to get your information from any one
source - left, right, commercial, governmental, or otherwise. What I love
about SWL is that it lets me get different perspectives from a variety of
sources so that I can then make up my own mind about things.

Old March 15th 04, 09:06 PM
Volker Tonn

Rev. Tim McIntire schrieb:

I figure it's probably not a good idea to get your information from any one
source - left, right, commercial, governmental, or otherwise. What I love
about SWL is that it lets me get different perspectives from a variety of
sources so that I can then make up my own mind about things.

You got it. But is is a good to have an idea wich source to trust more
or less.

Old March 15th 04, 09:45 PM
T. Early

Rev. Tim McIntire schrieb:

I figure it's probably not a good idea to get your information

from any one
source - left, right, commercial, governmental, or otherwise.

What I love
about SWL is that it lets me get different perspectives from a

variety of
sources so that I can then make up my own mind about things.

You got it. But is is a good to have an idea wich source to trust

more
or less.

Unfortunately, that's not an easy thing to do, which is why I agree
with the perspective about using multiple sources--SW included. I
always somewhat baffled when someone says they listen to international
SW broadcasters because they do not "trust" U.S. media. While I
agree that I may not be wise to always trust our own media, I'm not
convinced at all that international broadcasters such as Radio
Netherlands, DW, or the BBC are any more trustworthy on a case by case
basis. The fact is -all- media consistently reflect the biases of
those responsible for the creation of the content.

Old March 15th 04, 10:01 PM
Volker Tonn

T. Early schrieb:

... The fact is -all- media consistently reflect the biases of
those responsible for the creation of the content.

The VoA for example is known to be controlled by the US gouverment all
way down and shows its biases through every word said and even more NOT
said. In germany the influence of gouvernment on media is very limited
by strong laws.

Old March 15th 04, 10:19 PM
Frank Dresser

"ac-acadaptor" wrote in message
nk.net...
For purely entertainment value, Alex Jones is tough to beat!

I'll add James Lloyd, The Last Day Prophet of God and G.W. Gentry to
that list!

Frank Dresser