Old May 4th 04, 08:56 PM
Alan Browne

Default Dumb Questions - Part II FRS

Again, I'm not sure how well these questions match up to the group here...

The claimed range of these radios (FRS) is on the order of 2 miles. The
manufs mention terrain and weather as limitations.

How do they do in a wooded (flat) environment?

How do they do in a suburban (moderately large houses, otherwise flat)
environment?

How do they do in the city? Are they multipath prone?

What weather conditions are worse? I assume heavy rain, but does fog
affect them? Will lightning a few miles away interfere with them severely?

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Alan.

--
--e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.--

Dumb Questions - Part II FRS Alan Browne Equipment 16 May 11th 04 03:45 PM
Dumb questions - GMRS / FRS Alan Browne Equipment 12 May 7th 04 03:59 AM
Dumb questions - GMRS / FRS Alan Browne Equipment 0 May 3rd 04 11:58 PM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 2 February 26th 04 01:48 PM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 0 February 26th 04 08:32 AM