Old August 19th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Aimor TR-105

I just picked up an Aimor TR-105, for very little money. I have seen these
before, but didn't know much about them. To my delight when I received it,
it was in extremely fine condition and after the usual "clean and lube" it
is pretty close to mint. Best of all, it works perfectly.

I am quite literally amazed at the way this radio performs. I haven't done
a real side-by-side comparison, but at first use it seems to be on par with
my two best analog radios, the RF-2200 and ICF-5900W. Seriously. I didn't
expect much, especially for the price I paid, but this is a GREAT radio.
And not only does it seem to be as sensitive and selective as the Panasonic
and Sony, it has excellent sound. It's also very well constructed and was
easy to take apart and put back together.

So my question is this: Has anyone else here ever had one of these? And do
you happen to have, or know where I can get the service manual? I've
Googled the hell out of it, and searched all the usual manual sites, but
cannot find it in any form anywhere. Although the radio works great, since
this is a "keeper" I'd like to have the manual, and of course I wouldn't
mind tweaking the alignment as I do for every other radio. Any help out
there?

Jeff

Old August 19th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

They were also sold under the Palladium lable.

www.devilfinder.com Aimor TR-105
cuhulin

Old August 20th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Unrevealed Source schrieb:

I just picked up an Aimor TR-105, for very little money. I have seen these
before, but didn't know much about them. To my delight when I received it,
it was in extremely fine condition and after the usual "clean and lube" it
is pretty close to mint. Best of all, it works perfectly.

I am quite literally amazed at the way this radio performs. I haven't done
a real side-by-side comparison, but at first use it seems to be on par with
my two best analog radios, the RF-2200 and ICF-5900W. Seriously. I didn't
expect much, especially for the price I paid, but this is a GREAT radio.
And not only does it seem to be as sensitive and selective as the Panasonic
and Sony, it has excellent sound. It's also very well constructed and was
easy to take apart and put back together.

So my question is this: Has anyone else here ever had one of these?

I looked up the model, and it seemed familiar. I'd seen it on some
Japanese website, as, I think, a Hitachi. ... Yup, try this KH-2200:
http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~ghq777/KH2200.html
Looks like the retail price was somewhat below the Sony and Panasonic
competition, but then it doesn't have SSB nor can it achieve the same
readout accuracy. Is it dual conversion at all? (Same LO chasing should
clear that up.)

And do
you happen to have, or know where I can get the service manual?

That could become tricky. The usual suspects here list the service
manual as no longer available.

Hmm, I haven't bought any interesting old radios in a while... might be
time to change that.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
Weniger Meer ist mehr Mehr.
Old August 20th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

PS:

Here are some notes on the repair of one KH-2200:
http://translate.google.com/translat...l=de&ie=U TF8
This is the second site I've come across that mentions problems with a
dial pulley, so it seems this is at least semi-common.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
You don't need science for everything - but sometimes it does help to