Old September 8th 04, 03:23 PM
Danial

Default Canadian police trunk talk group ids

Hi does any one have the Canadian police trunk talk group ids for the
Kitchener Waterloo Ontario Canada Area?
Old September 8th 04, 04:24 PM

Radio Shack used to sell a booklet that gave out all the freq's. all
over canada.

Old September 8th 04, 05:44 PM
JER1538A

http://www.panix.com/~clay/scanning/...anada/ontario/
Old September 22nd 04, 04:41 AM
Jason Low

Dave Holford wrote:

wrote:

I was in Calgary in December 2001. I stopped in a Radio Shack and asked
for anything with area frequencies. You would've thought I had said I
wanted to kill the Prime Minister by the reaction I got. Needless say I
walked out of there empty handed.

- --
John Mayson
Austin, Texas, USA

Right after 9-11 you asked for a list of frequencies - which usually
means public safety freqs - and wonder why you were treated with
suspicion?

Dave

For reference sake, it has nothing to do with 9/11. Not in Canadian
RS's, at least.

The Canadian chain of Radio Shack stores has been getting out of the
scanner business for years. Every now and then I try out of desperation
to get something from them, and get absolutely no positive results. I
can't even buy BNC antennae that some US folks have said are selling
like hotcakes in the US stores.

Then again, it may be for the best that RS is leaving the scanner
business. Back when the BC245 was just coming out, I stopped into one of
the Calgary stores to see if they were going to get them. I was told
"No, and you won't be able to monitor the systems here with them anyway."

Uh .. what? I have a BC235 on my belt which is receiving the Fire and
EMS (analog) portions of the trunk already, genius..

"Well, you CAN monitor the trunk, but what you need to do is wire it up
to a PCS phone. That way it will decode the digital signals, which are
transmitted across PCS airwaves anyway, and you'll hear all the systems.
We have a book here that tells you how to do that."

I just backed away and went on my merry way, hoping that stupidity
wasn't contagious...

Old September 22nd 04, 03:48 PM
Dave Holford

Jason Low wrote:

Dave Holford wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Someone has to provide work for the technical idiots who can't get a job
at computer stores.

Dave
Old September 23rd 04, 02:23 AM
Michael

Same things happened to me at a local RS in Toronto. (The store at
Humbertown Plaza - Etobicoke) I will never buy anything 'high-end' at RS
again after that little incident. Wire, 1/8" plugs/jacks batteries, okay -
but nothing over ten bucks anymore. I've supported RS for over 30 years and
have been handed this same garbage regarding scanners for the last two
years. It's almost like they're trying to purposely loose the sale.

In Canada, go to Durham Radio or the other local pro radio shops. RS is a
joke for scanners and related products. (Sadly)

Mike t

"Dave Holford" wrote in message