Old June 14th 04, 03:17 AM
Frank Dresser

"Telamon" wrote in message

What does this have to do with listening to SW or BCB?

Well, a hi-fi AM tuner would be a BCB radio.

These guys are have their own conversation on radio design in another
group. More power to them. Why the need to cross post it?

I posted in on this topic a couple of days ago. I was going to ask Steven
Swift about his AM detector distortion numbers, but John Byrns did it first.
I think it's an interesting thread, on-topic and polite. That's a rare
triple play on rrs!

If I or anyone else wants to they can subscribe to the other groups and
join in.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

I've been reading it from rec.radio.shortwave. I'm happy to see it here.

Frank Dresser

Old June 14th 04, 03:34 AM
Frank Dresser

"Dan" wrote in message

Same here. This is a great thread, after weeks and weeks of
political crap, personal attacks and childish name calling.

As this thread is *clearly* on topic for rec.radio.shortwave,

[snip]

There's a couple of "Lloyd" threads for those who prefer rrs "classic".

Frank Dresser

Old June 14th 04, 10:13 AM

In rec.antiques.radio+phono Telamon wrote:
I've been reading it from here to and I'm not happy.

Maybe you should not read it instead of trying to speak for people that
don't want you to speak for them.

Apologies to all others for this nowhere-near useful reply.

On topic: I noticed that European Philips all-transistor AM tuner
circuits from the seventies seem to give better quality reception than
some other European and Japanese mass-production receivers. I have no
idea about the designs used, but it could be usefull to study those.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.