Old January 20th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Moon Bounce - 20th Jan 2008

G'day Guys,

I can hear the tones, but based on the timing sequences, what I'm
actually hearing is the Transmission Tone faintly, so there is no change
of me hearing the echo

I have two recordings:

1. The first is a screen video capture of the Atom Clock Software and
the radios audio for audio to show the timings:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2v11ey4l1xd

2. is just an mp3 recording of similar period.

http://www.mediafire.com/?byt1jtm91uz

Location: Canberra Australia
Radio: Icom R75 with DSP options
Antenna: Cliff Dweller 2
Website: http://aussiedrifter.blogspot.com/

Listen Live via USTREAM.TV:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aussie...wave-listening
Old January 20th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 20, 6:56 am, AussieDrifter
wrote:
G'day Guys,

I can hear the tones, but based on the timing sequences, what I'm
actually hearing is the Transmission Tone faintly, so there is no change
of me hearing the echo

I have two recordings:

1. The first is a screen video capture of the Atom Clock Software and
the radios audio for audio to show the timings:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2v11ey4l1xd

2. is just an mp3 recording of similar period.

http://www.mediafire.com/?byt1jtm91uz

Location: Canberra Australia
Radio: Icom R75 with DSP options
Antenna: Cliff Dweller 2
Website:http://aussiedrifter.blogspot.com/

Listen Live via USTREAM.TV:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aussie...wave-listening

I am getting nothing an any of my antennas.

Bummer.

I will listen for the next feed.

Terry
Terry
Old January 20th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

I can hear it right now on 7.4075 here in West Virginia - both the up
transmission and the reflected signal.
jw
Old January 20th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

I'm using a JRC NRD-535D receiver and a Heathkit active audio filter.
The up signal is about S-4 and the reflected is about S-2 with the
usual up and down fading.
jw

Old January 20th 08, 08:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Guys,

The 7407.5 khz freq was had slightly louder tones, but still no
detectable echo There was a couple of jokers also that played CW a
few times

Like before two Recordings:

1. Video of Atomic Clock and Audio

http://www.mediafire.com/?6mydbvxwzzm

2. Audio Only Mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?0sekv1dd0ts

3 & 4: Screen Shots of Waterfall using Spectrum Lab. This is an
awesome tool, makes see the signal much better

Capt01 - http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...1xtkhi&thumb=4
Capt02 - http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...0emgpl&thumb=4

Location: Canberra Australia
Radio: Icom R75 with DSP options
Antenna: Cliff Dweller 2
Website: http://aussiedrifter.blogspot.com/

Listen Live via USTREAM.TV:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/aussie...wave-listening

Regards
Mark

Old January 20th 08, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--

I wish I could but I'm not set up for recording. I'm actually
listening on 7.40690 which is an offset of 600Hz with the active audio

The reflected bounce signal seems to have a little bit of dopler shift
on it and sounds slightly higher in frequency than the two second up
transmission.

jw
Old January 20th 08, 08:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

The 7 MHz signal is louder than the previous 6 MHz signal hear in West
Virginia. I also hear some goof balls transmitting CW near the
frequency

jw
Old January 20th 08, 08:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

At times the reflected signal is almost as loud as the up
transmission.

jw
Old January 20th 08, 08:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

At 3:15 AM EST the signal is getting louder. Pretty cool stuff.

jw

moon bounce [email protected] Policy 2 November 6th 06 08:37 AM
moon bounce [email protected] CB 1 November 4th 06 07:51 PM
moon bounce [email protected] Swap 1 November 4th 06 07:51 PM
Moon Bounce SR Shortwave 35 October 26th 05 01:59 AM