Old August 21st 03, 02:46 AM
Matthew and Wendy Plante

Default Inverted Vee Antenna

Is it possible to build an antenna that is two inverted vee types with the
same central support. I would like to use the idea he
http://www.hamuniverse.com/dipivcal.html but to use four radials, two
grounded and two radiators. If no one comments, I'll still experiment with
it. but is some one says that this is a bad idea, I'll heed the warning.
Matthew
KC2KEI

---

Old August 21st 03, 04:42 AM
'Doc

Matthew,
Yes, it's fairly common. They're called several
names, a 'fan dipole' is one of them.
'Doc
Old August 21st 03, 07:29 AM
OK1SIP

"Matthew and Wendy Plante" wrote in message ...
Is it possible to build an antenna that is two inverted vee types with the
same central support.

AFAIK, it is - two inverted VEEs for two different bands.

but to use four radials, two grounded and two radiators.

Radials with inverted VEE ?? The "inverted VEE" is a sort of dipole, a
symmetrical antenna, uses no radials. Both its wires are "live", even
if it is fed via a coax. (There should be a balun or a choke on the
antenna end of the coax to force symmetrical operation and stop
currents on the outer side of its shielding.) Do not ground any part
of your inverted VEE.

Dovnload INV_VEE.EXE from the superb Reg's software collection
http://www.btinternet.com/~g4fgq.regp/page3.html#S301" and play a bit
about it.

73 from Ivan
Old August 21st 03, 10:19 PM
Matthew and Wendy Plante

OK, I miss spoke. I want to have one dipole running north south, and the
other dipole of the same frequency running east west. I will be using coax
and a balun. will this set up work?
Matthew
KC2KEI

---

Old August 22nd 03, 02:31 AM
'Doc

Matthew,
Yes, basically the same antenna as before.
'Doc