Old February 7th 12, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default AEA ISOPOLE antenna

On 2/2/2012 4:24 PM, JIMMIE wrote:
I have the cones from a 2M AEA ISOPOLE antenna and I am tryig to find
information on how to fabricate the upper radiator. One thought was to
use a mobile 5/8 antenna that screws onto a UHF connector. slot the
end of the mast so it can be clamped to the connector with a hose
clamp and then mountthe cones per the AEA assemblyinstructions. My
first attempt to do this was a failure but the old antenna I used may
have been bad. Before I throw good money after bad I was wonderig if
this should have worked.

Jimmie

In theory I would think it should work. But I'm not sure of
the values used for the matching section in the original whip.
It shouldn't really be that critical, but it is a dual 5/8 collinear
rather than a 5/8 ground plane. I don't know if that changes things
matching wise or not. IE: are they matching only the upper element, or
both? I'm not sure.. :/
Remember that the upper cone is part of the lower 5/8 element, and
it's overall length including the mast tip above it should be equal to
the upper 5/8 whip. In the original, both the upper and lower elements
were appx 50 inches each, or appx 100 inches total, which does not
count the lower decoupling cone.

Old February 7th 12, 08:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2/6/2012 11:33 PM, NM5K wrote:
[...]

I found one matching schematic at this site..
Seems it's a fairly conventional L/C circuit.
The diagram was in the "Facts About Vertical Antennas" file.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/aea/aea-index.html
Old February 18th 12, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Feb 7, 2:25*am, NM5K wrote:
On 2/6/2012 11:33 PM, NM5K wrote:

[...]

http://www.repeater-builder.com/aea/aea-index.html- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, I couldnt download the PDF file a few days ago but it worked
this AM.

Jimmie

ISOPOLE antenna JIMMIE Antenna 2 August 25th 08 03:22 AM
WTB Isopole 2M David Thompson Antenna 0 March 2nd 05 04:20 AM
Looking For a Good used Isopole antenna BOWE0341 Equipment 0 May 8th 04 11:06 PM
Looking For a Good used Isopole antenna BOWE0341 Equipment 0 May 8th 04 11:06 PM