Old July 23rd 05, 06:05 PM
mike0219116

Default Yet another Eton E1 release date

Now it's August 5, 2005.

http://universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html

Old July 23rd 05, 06:14 PM
John S.

Promises from the folks who know how to build the best vaporware in the
hobby.

Old July 23rd 05, 06:29 PM

Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Steve

Old July 23rd 05, 06:41 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
oups.com...
Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hope all is well with you.

a Sharper Image store in Ark has 30 of them. I called my local SI here in
Miami and they already have an order number for them #XD413 The saleman
told him he doesn't know when it will come in but it's advertised in their
Aug. catalog already. We should see it in a couple more weeks.

Also, SI has a 60 day return policy at least here in Miami so if I don't
like after 2 months, it just goes back. With slectable sideband on it, I
can't want to try it. Plus sat radio if you want it one day.

Lucky

Old July 23rd 05, 06:42 PM
David

On 23 Jul 2005 10:29:44 -0700, wrote:

Pathetic. Truly pathetic.

Steve

This will not be a major seller. They probably had to wait for a slow
time at the factory to run off a few hundred.

Old July 23rd 05, 07:07 PM

If I were going to buy one, I'd at least hold out until a later
production run. If you buy one now, and if there are lots of quality
control issues, then it may well conk out on you on day 61. And I bet
it won't perform as well as your HF-150 even when it's working
properly.

Steve

Old July 23rd 05, 09:56 PM
Brian Hill

"mike0219116" wrote in message
ups.com...
Now it's August 5, 2005.

http://universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html

That radio I predict will be mediocre at best.

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe

Old July 24th 05, 01:01 AM
mike0219116

I think it has a chance to be a good radio, especially with Drake's
engineering behind it. However, it's ultimate success will depend on
whether Tecsun can maintain some semblance of QC. The endless delays
probably have more to do with this variable than anything else.

Old July 24th 05, 02:33 AM
Telamon

Brian Hill wrote:
"mike0219116" wrote in message
ups.com...
Now it's August 5, 2005.

http://universal-radio.com/catalog/portable/0101.html

That radio I predict will be mediocre at best.

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

I think not this long. The radio probably has had functional design
problems. Maybe feature creep had a play in the delays.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 24th 05, 03:20 AM
Brian Denley

Lucky wrote:

Also, SI has a 60 day return policy at least here in Miami so if I
don't like after 2 months, it just goes back. With slectable sideband
on it, I can't want to try it. Plus sat radio if you want it one day.

Lucky

Has anyone ever heard of non-selectable sideband?

--
Brian Denley