Old February 10th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
PA3HGT

Default ZM30 analyzer

Hello,

I purchased a Palstar ZM30 antenna-analyzer recently and i want to measure a
trap of W3DZZ dipool (Fritzel W3-2000).
I want to measure resonance of the trap , i know the trap is 100% ok and i
disassembled from the antenna.
I did trying it by the book but no succes !
Has anyone some experience with this analyzer to measure such things ?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Pluijgers
Hamcall: PA3HGT
www.pa3hgt.nl

Old February 10th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dansawyeror

I am not familiar with this antenna. Is this a pass filter? If so it will not
have a resonant frequency. It will have a cut off point. The tool for that would
be a spectrum analyzer and a tracking generator.

Old February 10th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
PA3HGT

The trap is a coil and a capacitor in parrallel.
The antenna is for 40 and 80 meters and the trap works in the 40 mtr band.
From the feedingpoint to the trap is 2 times 10 mtrs (for 40 mtr) and then
some 7 mtrs for 80mtrs.
When you work on 40 , the antenna works only from the feedingpoint to the
trap because the circuit "cut" the antenna so you work then with 2 times 10
mtrs.
The manual says that traps can be measured,i tried by manual but no luck.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Hans Pluijgers
Hamcall: PA3HGT